February 19, 2019

January iPhone Dump

One day I will be caught up on this blog. Today is not that day!
Right after New Year's Fox got really sick. He was diagnosed with the flu and all of us (minus Finn) had to take Tamiflu. He even spiked a fever of 104.8, it was definitely the highest he's ever been and super scary. He was probably sick for a good ten days and we didn't leave the house (besides going to the doctor) for the first ten days of 2019! Talk about cabin fever! 
I got the flu as well, not as bad as him though (probably because I had already started the Tamiflu) and luckily Finn didn't get sick at all.

Pancakes are Life!

After being stuck in the house for the first part of the month, we finally ventured out and took a little walk to the playground. It didn't last very long, but the fresh air and sunshine definitely raised our spirits!

This is the kind of face I get when I ask to take a picture. I feel like this must be a "boy thing". When I watch my friend's daughters, they all flash the sweetest little smile when being asked for a picture and all the boys I know act crazy like Fox! He's still cute! 

I'm so glad we have dog gates that keep our dog out of Finn's play area. This guy always seems to sneak in, when we are not watching!

One morning we met up with Kristy and Jake for a little park playdate.

The boys have always been friends, but lately they've become such great buddies and you can tell they love each other fiercely.

We ventured out on a little hike and it was such a beautiful walk. I don't have any pictures of Finn, but he was there as well (snuggled up with me in the baby carrier!).


They found some walking sticks and Kristy suggested we would take them home and paint them for our next hike, so this big ole stick has been sitting in my trunk for the last month and Fox refuses to get rid of it.

Another playdate, this time with Miss Aria! Fox and Aria are the same age and her sister Ella was born two weeks after Finn, so each of the boys had their own little playdate. They were decorating cards for each other.

I ordered Finn's Easter basket and was so happy that they still had the same design as Fox's. He might be too little to hunt for Easter eggs this year, but seeing these two baskets is one of those moments where you realize how lucky you are to have two kids!

Fox's first time at a real barber shop. We used to go to this little kids salon, but they always messed up his hair, so we tried this one for the first time. He really enjoyed it, because they also gave him a back massage and a hot towel for his head and face!

Some days I can still capture a genuine smile, although it's a rare occasion!

This particular night was rough. Finn woke me up at 12:30am, 2am, 4am and then was up for good at 5am. By the time he went back to sleep, Fox woke up. And although I’m tired, I’m grateful for those two sweet boys who are snuggled up in my bed this morning. Because one day there won’t be any kids in my bed, one day, I’ll get a full night’s sleep, one day I won’t step on a million legos that cover the floors of my house, one day I won’t ruin anyone’s day because I tell them to go brush their teeth, one day I will get to eat a meal in peace and quiet and one day they won’t need me anymore. Luckily, today is not that day. This is the life I dreamed of for so many years and I’m feeling so grateful I get to live it and call these babies mine. The days are long, but the years are short. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!