January 31, 2019

Finn | 5 Month Update

December 31st, 2018

Weight:
14lbs

Height:
25.5 inches


Health:
I took him to the doctor once this month because he had a lingering cough and I wanted to make sure his lungs sound okay and that he doesn't have an ear infection. He looked and sounded great, but I'm glad I took him in for the peace of mind.

Nicknames:
Finny, Finnegan, Bubbas, Handsome, Beef, Big Beef, Honey


Eating:
During the day, I still feed him every 2.5-3 hours, nights have been a shit show though. I don't know if this is the dreaded 4-month sleep regression or teething, but he screams and screams at night until I feed him, nothing else will calm him down. Some nights I feed him five times, I'm exhausted to say the least!

Sleeping:
He still goes to bed around 7pm and usually wakes up around 6:30-7am. As mentioned above, nights have been hell. I don't even think he fully wakes up, his eyes are still closed but he just screams and screams. Of course people have already told me to do "cry it out", but I'm not ready for that. I'm kind of hoping that he has some teeth popping through soon and that this would explain it, but so far nothing. Please let this get better soon! This Mama is tired!


Diapers:
Size 2

Clothing:
3 Month and 6 Month Clothes


Social:
Just like his big brother, he loves getting attention...and if he doesn't, he will show you that he doesn't like it! He talks to us all the time now and I love listening to his coos. He has so much to say! He also started laughing out loud this month and it warms my heart.
Fox is his favorite person in the world and he loves to watch him and when Fox talks to him. He also still enjoys music class and seeing other babies.

Likes:
Bath time, being carried, nursing, chewing on his hands and fingers, his big brother, his play mat, bouncer, singing, music class, rocking, smiling, getting attention, the song "Bells are ringing" and "You are my sunshine", the finger game "Wiggle to the left" that we learned at Music class, Sophie the Giraffe, Banana Toothbrush Teether, standing (while we hold him), kisses, swinging, playing with his feet


Dislikes:
Tummy Time, not getting constant attention, naps...or sleep in general


Mama:
I'm loving every minute of this baby stage and he lights up my world every single day! Not eating dairy anymore is still challenging for me. I'm hungry all the time and never know what to eat, so I end up eating the same stuff every single day. I guess the good part about that is the fact that I'm only 2lbs away from my pre-pregnancy weight. I'm not really trying to lose weight and I eat dairy free ice cream and lots of carbs every day. The first thing I'll do after weaning Finn is to get a giant Cheese pizza from Costco...ha!

Fox:
Seeing him love on his little brother is just about the best thing ever. The feeling is definitely mutual and nobody makes Finn smile like Fox does.


Fun things we did:
We had lots of fun adventures in December. Seeing Christmas lights, having playdates, celebrating Christmas, Music class and so much more. He is so easy going and just happy to be along for the ride. I can take him anywhere and he is just as chill as can be. 


What we’re looking forward to:
We don't have anything special planned this month, but I'm sure we'll have a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!