May 18, 2018

Sea World

We spent the second day of our trip in Sea World. It had been over two years since we last been there and we had plans to meet a very special friend there. Fox's grandparents were tired from the day before and decided to stay back and do their own thing.


This is Jack and his sweet Mama. Jack is one of Fox's half siblings and the last time the boys met, they were one and two years old, so we were all excited to see them together again. 

The boys had such a fun day together. While we always talk about the half siblings, I think it's too much to comprehend at their young age and Fox doesn't understand what it means, so we don't go into it too much. That morning, we talked about how Jack is part of our family and his half brother (he calls all of his best friends brothers, so this term didn't confuse him at all) and that was pretty much it. 

It just melted my heart to see them together and I hope they will always have some kind of bond as they grow older and have more questions about where they came from.


I don't see much resemblance between these two, they have the same kind of hair, but that's about it.



When I saw them holding hands, my heart just burst into a million pieces. Such a sweet moment!

We found a splash pad and not having any swim clothes with us didn't stop us from getting soaked (we had a spare set of pants).


This ride was kind of like the teacups at Disneyland. It was definitely too wild for me and Katie gets nauseous on those rides, so Jack's Mama volunteered to take both of the boys.

It was a super hot day (even for us Arizonians)!



We ended the day in the late afternoon, because everyone was exhausted and hot, but we all had such a great time and are already planning our next sibling reunion. 
When I showed Fox these pictures, he said: "That was such a fun day!" He still talks about our trip every day and how it was the best vacation we ever did...and I totally agree! Usually, I'm ready to go home after a long weekend away, but we had such a great time, nobody wanted to leave! In fact, we loved it so much, we bought some season passes (they are valid in California, but also at the small Legoland and Sea Life Aquarium we have in Arizona). 
Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!