May 21, 2018

Mommy & Me

For Mother's Day this year, I gave myself the gift of some Mommy & Me pictures with my best bud. 
Katie and I constantly disagree about photo shoots, because she thinks Fox hates them and while I don't think he loves them, he also doesn't have a problem with them and it really only takes ten minutes, so I feel like it's not too much to handle. 

So when I told her about the pictures I had scheduled and she wasn't a fan of my plan, she asked Fox if he likes taking pictures with Samantha or rather not do it. And you know what he said? He likes it...haha!
We walked into her studio and she was upstairs and Fox was complaining about not wanting to take any pictures and he wants to go home. Go figure. The photographer came downstairs and asked "Who is ready for pictures?" and he excitedly yelled "Meeeee!" That kid! 



So when I look at these pictures, I see two things. My first instinct was to cringe about all the imperfections I see about myself in these pictures. And then I realized that it shouldn't matter, because we all age, but more importantly because the way Fox looks at me, there are no such things as imperfections and it's just pure love. 


He was really hamming it up for the camera.



I will always treasure these pictures with my first born, taken just a few months before his world would change forever. Imperfections or not. 

2 comments:

  1. Those pictures are just lovely...I don't know what you mean with "we all age"....
    Our kids keep us young!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Imperfections?! The first thing I thought when I saw these was, yup - she's glowing! They're the sweetest pictures and you'll be so happy you had them taken when Fox is all grown up!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!