April 18, 2018

Easter 2018

Easter is usually pretty low key in our family. We always do an Easter Egg Hunt with Fox in the morning, he gets an Easter basket and we usually have dinner with the family at night.
This year, the Easter bunny brought Fox some superhero underwear, a new lego set, a Batman plate, some colored bath eggs, a PJ masks water bottle for school, PEZ candy, two hatchimal eggs, and some other small toys from the dollar spot at Target.

He was thrilled! The little ball he's holding contains a surprise stuffed animal and he's been collecting them for a few months. He calls them his buddies and they're all sleeping in his bed.

The Easter bunny was smart enough this year to hide the eggs in the front yard instead of the backyard, because our backyard is a mess right now.

He didn't want to carry his Easter basket around, so he just picked up as many eggs as he could and brought them back to his basket. 


Happy with his loot!

He pretty much lost interest in opening the eggs after 20 or so and we spent the next few days opening them.
Overall he loved it though. He told me the next day that he likes Easter better than Christmas and he wishes that it was Easter every day. 
I loved watching his joy and hearing his squeals so much! Holidays get me every single time, the moment I realize "Whoa, I get to do this with MY kid! I am a Mom!" It truly is the best and I'm enjoying every single minute of it until my kids tell me they're too old for this. 

2 comments:

  1. The holidays are always when I have those "I love being a Mom" moments most. There is nothing better than creating magic for little ones. How funny is it that he quit caring after 20 or so eggs though? Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at these cute blond locks......he has changed lately...growing up way to fast our LOs.
    Mine likes Easter a lot as well. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!