March 18, 2018

We are having a...

I'm not sure what took me so long to post this. We found out the gender of our sweet baby on January 31st and I was just 12 weeks pregnant. It felt super early to already know and we had just announced the pregnancy on social media, so we kept the gender to ourselves for four more weeks, besides sharing it with family and close friends. I would've been fine to just wait until the birth to find out, because deep in my heart, I already knew at conception that we were having a...

BOY!

The nurse handed me an envelope with the gender that morning and I just put it in my purse and handed it to our photographer in the afternoon, because we had our gender reveal pictures scheduled in the desert that evening. Katie wanted to peek into the envelope, but I convinced her to just find out as a family and I'm so glad we did. We didn't have a real gender reveal for Fox, we just invited our family to come to the ultrasound and I''m happy with the way we did it this time. If we had another one, I'd love to do a gender reveal party, but that ship has sailed...ha!
I had purchased some smoke bombs off Amazon and we had to close our eyes while Sam lit them for us. It was funny, because they didn't last long at all and there wasn't much smoke, but when we lit the pink ones afterwards just for fun, it was soooo much smoke and so vibrant. 

Fox had always told us, that he ONLY wanted a brother, and if it was a girl, he would run out of the house screaming. I was so excited for him...although I would've loved to see his reaction if the smoke would've been pink...ha! 

He was so happy! I will post the video I took at the end of this post, because it just shows his excitement. Although, my favorite part of the video is at the very end, when he walks out of the screen and says: "I already knew it was a boy!" LOL
Yep, I knew too!

There was no doubt in my mind that we would have another sweet baby boy. I think I mentioned it before, we know a lot of Fox's half siblings who used the same donor, and there are like 12 boys and 2 girls, so I knew the odds for a boy were very high. 

The doctor kind of ruined it a little for me too though. When we went into the ultrasound room that morning, I told him that I don't want to know the gender. He replied: "Oh, you're stealing my thunder!" So when we did the ultrasound, he said: "If you don't want to know the gender, then don't look too closely at the screen!" REALLY??? Katie said that meant nothing, but I feel like that was a very obvious way of saying it was a boy, right? I was so upset. Then at my next ultrasound, he was like" "You're having a girl, right?" 

So with this being our last pregnancy, of course we both were kind of hoping for a girl this time around, but like I said, I would've been SHOCKED if it was. My heart prepared for a boy and I'm so happy that Fox will have a brother and best buddy to grow up with. I can't wait to see their bond. Not, that you can't have that with a sister, but you know what I mean.
Plus, we will save so much money because we literally have everything we need besides diapers. 
It took me a few days to come to terms with the fact that I will never have a daughter (something I always dreamed off), but the most important thing is that the baby is healthy, as cliche' as it sounds. It's so, so true and health is not something we will ever take for granted. And if this baby is just as sweet as our first baby boy, then there's nothing else I could hope for. There are so many times during the day where Fox just randomly tells me that he loves me and it melts my heart every time and then I realize: Wow, I get to do this all over again...how lucky am I?
Very lucky indeed! Boy Mom for life! :) 

2 comments:

  1. Yeaahhhhh, boys rock. Being a mom of a boy is truly special. I am glad all the pink glitter unicorn stuff is for other moms.
    Congrats on boy no2. Very very happy for you Katie and Fox! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwww!!! Brothers!!!! Boy mom for life ❤️

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!