March 30, 2018

19 Weeks Pregnancy Update


March 21, 2018
How far along:
19 weeks

Baby is the size of a:
Mango or a Gameboy. Fox is always so excited to see what size toy the baby is each week, but he was rather disappointed with this week, since he has no clue what a Gameboy is.

Total weight gain:
Surprisingly, I didn’t gain any weight this week. Still up 17lbs.

Maternity Clothes?
Still both. I can’t wait to fill out my maternity pants, because they are still not fitting right.

Stretch Marks?
No

Sleep?
It’s been ok. I don’t sleep well without Katie here and having Fox sleeping with me definitely doesn’t help, but it’s oh so sweet. He asks to sleep on my side every night and cuddles right up to me. Sometimes he will even put his arm around me, so how can I complain about that? I usually only get up once to use the bathroom nowadays, so that has been so amazing for me as well.

Best moment of the Week:
We had our anatomy scan this week! Since Katie wasn’t able to come, I invited my mother in law to join, since I knew she would love to see the baby. She cried almost the entire time! I love ultrasounds, but this one was really special, because it was super long and they switched to the 3D View a few times, so we could really take a look at that sweet boy. He was really curled up in there, with his legs all the way on top of his head.
The ultrasound tech wasn’t allowed to tell us anything besides gender, so we have to wait for my next appointment next week to talk to the doctor about the results.



Movement:
I have been feeling him every day this week. It’s still a weird feeling for me, but I love it and I’m enjoying it before his kicks are getting stronger and he’ll kick me in the rips.

Food Cravings:
Nothing special. It’s so nice to be able to eat normal again and not feeling sick anymore.

Belly Button in or out:
Definitely in.

Gender:
Sweet baby boy!

Symptoms:
Overall, I’m feeling really good. I will never take this feeling for granted ever again and I’m so grateful and happy that the worst seems to be over. I’m tired, but I think it’s just normal tiredness from everything I have going on.
Pregnancy Acne is still present as well, but I don’t care about it very much this time around.

Anything Making you queasy or Sick?
NOTHING! Hallelujah!

Have you Started to Show yet?
Katie’s family commented this week how big I have gotten. I love that belly so much!

What I miss:
Katie! This week has been kicking my butt. Just when I thought I got this single mom life down, Fox got strep throat including fevers, constant vomiting and an allergic reaction to his medication. We ended up at Urgent Care one night and the pediatrician a couple of days later and dealing with all of this myself was hard. He was in such bad shape that I had to carry him and all of our bags everywhere and at one point I felt like my pregnant body was giving out on me and I almost passed out at the pharmacy while waiting for his prescription. It wasn’t so much that I needed help taking care of Fox, but I missed having someone to make decisions with me, especially when it came to his allergies and the medication and it would’ve also been nice to have someone else to share the worries with. I was so worried about him at night and constantly checked on him. But we made it through and now I feel like there’s nothing I can’t handle. Props to all the single Mamas out there, you are amazing!

What I'm looking forward to:
My next doctor’s appointment and Fox feeling good again!

What I'm not looking forward to:
Another week of single parenting.

You can find Fox’s 19 week pregnancy update HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!