November 15, 2013

Week 12

October 26th, 2013

How far along:
12 weeks

Baby is the size of a:
Plum

Total weight gain:
6 lbs…no weight gain this week, yay! I’ll probably make up for it another week!

Maternity Clothes?
None yet.

Stretch Marks?
Haven’t found any yet.

Sleep?
Not too good. Still going to the bathroom once a night and just tossing and turning all night. I ordered my Pregnancy pillow (the Snoogle) this week!

Best moment of the Week:
Hearing the heartbeat with our doppler at home for the first time (we’ve been trying since week 8), sharing the news with some of my best friends and family and seeing the bean on the ultrasound! It was the best thing ever, the baby was waving to us and looked like it was dancing, just bouncing around in there. The doctor said it was already posing! Everything looked great and we’ll go back in four weeks!

Movement:
Nothing yet.

Food Cravings:
Nothing crazy this week, still loving sandwiches, salads and soups though.

Belly Button in or out:
In.

Gender:
Only a few more weeks until we find out! I’m getting nervous! The doctor made a really early guess, but we’ll have to wait to find out for sure!

Symptoms:
Seem to be getting worse. I thought I was finally getting better and stopped taking my nausea medications for 2 days…and boom: I threw up all of my cereal. Needless to say, I’m back on the meds. I’m still exhausted, the acne is getting worse and I’m super hungry at all times. No more headaches this week though (knock on wood). I’m still an emotional mess and cry at least once a week. One of my friends told me she cried when she heard that I was pregnant and that God finally answered her prayers. Of course, that made me cry…I’m lucky to have her as a friend!

Anything Making you queasy or Sick?
Not eating frequently.

Have you Started to Show yet?
Yes! I love my bump!

What I miss:
Ugh…don’t even get me started. Come on, second trimester…be good to me!

What I'm looking forward to:
Telling the rest of the world that I’m going to be a mom! :) Oh, and the second trimester!

What I'm not looking forward to:
Unpacking the 537 boxes we accumulated over the last 7 years…what the heck…I moved here with 2 suitcases, where is all this stuff coming from?

Weekly Wisdom:
Never feel safe enough to not take your nausea meds!


Wie weit:
12 Wochen

Baby ist so gross wie eine:
Pflaume

Insgesamte Gewichtszunahme:
3kg…ich habe in dieser Woche nichts zugenommen, aber werde das bestimmt nachholen!

Umstandskleidung?
Bisher noch nicht.

Schwangerschaftsstreifen?
Ich hab noch keine gefunden.

Schlaf?
Nicht besonders gut. Ich gehe immer noch mindestens einmal pro Nacht zur Toilette und schlafe unruhig. Ich habe mir diese Woche ein Schwangerschaftskissen (Snoogle) bestellt!

Bester Moment der Woche:
Als wir den Herzschlag zum ersten Mal mit unserem Doppler zuhause gehoert haben (wir haben es bereits seit der achten Woche probiert), ein paar von meinen besten Freunden und meiner Familie von der Schwangerschaft zu erzaehlen und die kleine Bohne noch einmal auf dem Ultraschall zu sehen! Es war einfach nur toll, wir haben das Baby winken gesehen und es sah so aus als wuerde es tanzen. Der Arzt meinte, dass es schon jetzt fuer die Kamera posiert! Alles sah gut aus und wir gehen in vier Wochen zurueck!

Bewegungen des Babys:
Noch nicht.

Heißhunger:
Nichts aussergewoehnliches in dieser Woche, aber ich liebe immer noch Sandwiches, Salate und Suppe.

Bauchnabel drinnen oder draussen:
Drinnen.

Geschlecht:
Nur noch ein paar Wochen bevor wir es herausfinden, ich bin schon total nervoes! Unser Arzt hat bereits einen sehr fruehen Tipp abgegeben, aber wir muessen uns noch ein bisschen gedulden, bevor wir es mit Sicherheit feststellen koennen.

Symptome:
Scheinen immer schlimmer zu werden. Ich dachte, dass es mir besser gehen wuerde und habe fuer zwei Tage meine Medikamente gegen die Uebelkeit abgesetzt…und zack: Ich hab mich zum ersten Mal uebergeben. Natuerlich nehme ich die Medikamente nun wieder.
Ich bin immer noch erschoepft, die Akne wird immer schlimmer und ich bin staendig hungrig. Zum Glueck hatte ich diese Woche keine Kopfschmerzen mehr (toi toi toi). Ich bin ausserdem immer noch super emotional und heule mindestens einmal pro Woche. Eine meiner besten Freundinnen erzaehlte mir, dass sie geweint hat, als sie hoerte, dass ich schwanger bin und meinte, dass Gott ihre Gebete endlich erhoert haette. Natuerlich hat mich das direkt wieder zum heulen gebracht…ich kann mich gluecklich schaetzen, so eine Freundin zu haben!

Gibt es etwas, wovon dir schlecht wird?
Wenn ich nicht oft genug esse.

Kann man dir die Schwangerschaft ansehen?
Ja, ich liebe meinen kleinen Bauch!

Was ich vermisse:
Ohje…soviel! Ich hoffe, die naechsten drei Monate werden besser als die ersten drei!

Worauf ich mich freue:
Dem Rest der Welt zu erzaehlen, dass ich Mama werde! :) Oh, und die naechsten drei Monate!

Worauf ich mich nicht freue:
Die 537 Kisten auszupacken, die wir in den letzten sieben Jahren angesammelt haben…was zum Teufel…ich bin hier mit zwei Koffern gelandet, wo kommen all die Sachen her?

Wöchentliche Weisheit:
Fuehle dich niemals sicher genug, um deine Medikamente gegen die Uebelkeit abzusetzen!  


post signature

4 comments:

  1. Yay, so exciting, I've been hitting refresh all evening!
    I'll be so sad when you're all caught up on your pregnancy weeks and won't post daily anymore, I truly have bump envy, yours is adorable!(mine is just a jelly belly due to being big to start with)
    I can't wait to see your announcement pictures.

    I'm so happy to have found your blog by sheer chance only to see we're due around the same time.
    I'm finally having another scan in 2 days, 15w5d :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I was worried all those "catching up" posts would be too much…but we're almost there! You can find out announcement pictures here: http://nadineindenusa.blogspot.com/2013/11/coming-in-may.html
      We sent out cards to all of our families and friends and posted them on facebook as well!
      Good luck with your scan, I know how exciting and nerve wrecking they are at the same time! Our next appointment is on November 25th, but we got a nice view on our little one last night when we did our Gender Reveal Ultrasound in 3d! Stay tuned…:)

      Delete
    2. Ooops, pregnancy brain...of course you've posted them already. They're in your blog header too...

      Here in the UK the private ultrasound places offer gender scans from 16 weeks, but due to my girlfriend being away for the weekend we have to wait until 17w5d, which is why I'm having a sneaky little reassurance scan tomorrow.
      Gender scan on December 1st and my next scan with my midwife is December 20th, the day before I fly to Germany for Christmas.
      This truly has been my best early Christmas present ever!

      Delete
  2. Woohoo, a plum already....!? Love to read how your pregnancy goes!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!