October 28, 2017

Cop & Robbers

This was the first year that Fox really had an opinion about what he wanted to be for Halloween. Although, said opinion changed quite frequently from the time we first asked him in August to when we actually bought his costume. 
He went from wanting to be a storm trooper to an astronaut, from superhero to witch...until we had to break the news that his broom won't actually fly, so that was a deal breaker for him (I was so excited that we could be the Sanderson sisters...ha!). Eventually, he told us he wanted to be a police officer and when he didn't change his mind for several weeks, we pulled the trigger and went costume shopping. He chose "bad guy costumes" for Katie and I and while I didn't care what we were going to be, I was happy that once again, we managed to have a family costume theme. 

I asked my favorite photographer if she had 15 minutes to snap some quick pictures of us and she came up with this elaborate story line that we had to act out when we met up for the photo shoot. That's why I love her. 
Just like last year, we sent out some Halloween Cards to our family and friends, this was the front of the card...and down below, the backside.


Here are the pictures we got back from her...only a few hours after the shoot (another reason why I love her!).
Katie and I ended up getting our "costumes" off amazon, since they were much cheaper there because they weren't really costumes, plus, I do love striped shirts, so I know I will wear this shirt for years to come. 

Fox was totally into this. He took his job very seriously and you could tell how proud he was to be a police officer.

Spotting the "bad guys"

The Chase...

Oh no, he got us!

This was, by far, his favorite part...arresting his mommies!

Pure concentration!




Katie hates taking Family pictures, but she loved these. So do I. They were so easy and fast and I love how they turned out. 
We always frame one picture of our Halloween costumes as part of our Halloween decorations for the house and I can't believe we already have four years worth of Halloweens up!
I'm going to be so sad when the day comes, that our kids refuse to do a family theme, but luckily, today is not that day!

3 comments:

  1. The absolute cutest!!!! Your photographer is superb and you all really brought it! What a cute idea to frame a Halloween photo for seasonal decor. (Plans to steal idea, haha)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word! These pictures are adorable! Last year was the first that we did professional pics for Halloween and I agree with Katie, it's much more fun than taking stuffy holiday family photos. You guys are just the cutest!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!