August 14, 2017

Pool Party

A few weeks ago we celebrated Jake's 3rd Birthday with a pool party!
It was a hot day (like every day from May until October in Phoenix), but the pool felt amazing and we all had such a great time!

Jake's Mama Kristy and I actually take the boys swimming once or twice a month. She has access to an amazing pool with splash pad at her gym and the boys get along just as great as Kristy and I, so it's a win-win! Fox's personality hasn't changed since he was little, he does much better in a one on one situation with another child compared to a big group - just like me!

All of these pictures were taken by Kristy's photographer she had hired for the party!


We stopped Fox's swim lessons last December when he was getting sick too often (he had lessons at an outdoor pool) and never picked it up again this summer. When we ended the lessons, he was so brave in the water, would dive and float on his back. Now, he is terrified of even going under, which is such a bummer...we'll definitely have to start swim lessons again at some point. 


We came inside after lunch to cool off a little bit and have some cake! I know I say this often, but I'm seriously so grateful for these ladies and the friendships I made. It all started out with a Mom's group on Facebook that I joined when I was pregnant, it was a group just for first time moms of babies that were born in the year 2014. I went to my first playdate when Fox was 8 weeks old and the rest is history. They're the best!

Like always, I brought Fox his own special vegan cake. He never cares that he can't have the cake everyone else is eating, which is such a relief. 

Love these boys!
We had an amazing morning and swam for over three hours. Such a fun party and great company!
Happy Birthday Jake!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun moms group! I'm sure it's super awesome for Fox to get to play with a bunch of kids who are his same age. I feel the same way about the moms we became close friends with during Gracie's 3 years of prek. We have a mom chat online where we all talk everyday, we go to happy hour and I'm sure we'll still get the kids together for play dates even though they're going to different elementary schools. Mom friends are the best!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!