April 14, 2016

Horseback Riding

A few weeks ago, Katie and I saw a Groupon for a Horseback Ride, just outside of Phoenix. I had never ridden a horse (besides little ponies when I was little) and thought it sounded fun, so off we went for a rare Morning Date, just the two of us! 


I'm not going to lie, I was super scared in the beginning, especially when they made us sign a waiver, in case of our death during the ride.

Our tour guide was super nice and told us about the desert plants and wildlife while we were exploring the Arizona desert.


We didn't just ride on a trail, we rode in the middle of the desert, down small cliffs and through trees and bushes. 

At one point, we came to a river where we saw wild horses.

Riding through the river was amazing, it was by far my favorite moment.





By the end of the 90 minute tour, our legs and butts hurt like crazy, but we had so much fun, enjoying the beautiful sonoran desert, the nice weather and company. We will definitely be doing this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!