January 22, 2014

Week 24

January 18th, 2014

How far along:
24 weeks

Baby is the size of an:
Ear of Corn

Total weight gain:
Well, according to my scale, 21lbs, but the scale at the doctor’s office said 15lbs today, so who knows?

Maternity Clothes?
Nothing new.

Stretch Marks?
Not yet.

Sleep?
Getting more uncomfortable. Katie said I moan like I’m in pain in my sleep. 

Best moment of the Week:
Seeing our boo on the ultrasound today and spending a relaxing weekend in Mexico. 

Movement:
All the time. We actually saw the kicks from the outside last weekend, which was so weird and special at the same time! While the kicks usually felt like big air bubbles, there were two times where he kicked me so hard that I squirmed in my seat...it was a completely different and more intense feeling!

Food Cravings:
Nothing unusual. 

Belly Button in or out:
Still in, but getting more shallow.

Gender:
Sweet baby boy!

Symptoms:
Pregnancy Acne, Irritibility, Having to go to the bathroom constantly, Pains in my ribs (not sure where those are coming from?).

Anything Making you queasy or Sick?
Feeling great!

Have you Started to Show yet?
Getting bigger each week! 

What I miss:
My clear skin and sleeping comfortably. Especially sleeping on my back or stomach! 

What I'm looking forward to:
Spending some time with family this weekend and finishing our baby registry. 

What I'm not looking forward to:
Is it too early to not look forward to sleepless nights? :)

Weekly Wisdom:
Chill! 


Wie weit:
24 Wochen

Baby ist so gross wie:
Mais

Insgesamte Gewichtszunahme:
Meiner Waage zufolge habe ich 9,5kg zugenommen, aber nach der Waage beim Arzt habe ich nur 7kg zugenommen, also wer weiss?

Umstandskleidung?
Nichts Neues. 

Schwangerschaftsstreifen?
Noch nicht!

Schlaf?
Wird immer unbequemer. Katie sagte, dass ich im Schlaf stoehne, als haette ich Schmerzen.

Bester Moment der Woche:
Als wir unseren kleinen Mann heute auf dem Ultraschall sehen konnten und ein entspannendes Wochenende in Mexico zu verbringen. 

Bewegungen des Babys:
Staendig! Wir haben am Wochenende tatsaechlich seine Tritte von aussen sehen koennen, was total komisch und toll zur gleichen Zeit war. Normalerweise fuehlen sich die Tritte wie grosse Luftblasen an, aber es ist zweimal passiert, dass er mich so hart getreten hat, dass ich mich erschreckt habe, es war ein total anderes und intensiveres Gefuehl. 

Heißhunger:
Nichts ungewoehnliches.  

Bauchnabel drinnen oder draussen:
Noch drinnen, aber er wird immer flacher.

Geschlecht:
Ein Junge!

Symptome:
Schwangerschaftsakne, Genervtheit, staendig zur Toilette zu muessen, Schmerzen in meinen Rippen (keine Ahnung wo die her kommen?).

Gibt es etwas, wovon dir schlecht wird?
Nein, ich fuehle mich super!

Kann man dir die Schwangerschaft ansehen?
Der Bauch wird jede Woche groesser! 

Was ich vermisse:
Meine reine Haut und gut zu schlafen. Vorallem, dass ich nicht mehr auf dem Ruecken oder Bauch schlafen darf.

Worauf ich mich freue:
Zeit mit Katie’s Familie am Wochenende zu verbringen und unsere Baby Registry fertig zu stellen.

Worauf ich mich nicht freue:
Ist es zu frueh dafuer, sich nicht auf die schlaflosen Naechte zu freuen?

Wöchentliche Weisheit:
Relax!   

post signature

1 comment:

  1. I had pain in my ribs too! It's from your uterus expanding upwards. It was so sharp & painful for me when it first occurred (I have a freakishly short torso). Doing prenatal yoga 5x/week has helped tremendously for me! I only feel a dull pain now, usually at the end of the day. Also, try to lay down (rather than sit or stand) as much as possible to give your belly space. Hope you feel better! Take it easy, mama!
    xo kristen genevieve

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!