January 16, 2014

Week 23

January 11th, 2014

How far along:
23 weeks

Baby is the size of a:
Grapefruit

Total weight gain:
18lbs

Maternity Clothes?
Same as last week: A mix of both maternity and regular clothes. I mostly wear maternity pants with a regular shirt. I also have been borrowing clothes from Katie’s side of the closet…I’m trying to make it work as long as I can.

Stretch Marks?
Not yet.

Sleep?
Okay. Some days I can make it through the night without getting up. Katie said I have been a bed hog lately…ha!

Best moment of the Week:
Finally! The first stranger approached me and asked me if I was pregnant…I’ve been waiting for this for so long. 10 minutes later I got asked again by another person. Totally made my day!

Movement:
All the time now, I feel him almost constantly and it doesn’t even matter if I sit still or not. I’ve noticed that he kicks especially hard when I have my electric blanket on me, I guess he is not a fan of the heat (just like his other Mama!). I’m looking forward to the day where I can see his movements from the outside!

Food Cravings:
Well, I finished an entire jar of Nutella in a week, so I’m probably going to take a break from that stuff and try to eat healthier. I’ve also drank a lot of orange juice this week.

Belly Button in or out:
In. I can tell how the hole is getting more shallow though.

Gender:
Sweet baby boy!

Symptoms:
Pregnancy Acne (which I feel like it has been getting worse) and Emotions running all over the place. Unfortunately, I’m not one of those people who cry at commercials or sappy movies, my emotions these days show in anger, frustrations and very low patience. Add an 80-hour work week to that and it’s safe to say that I was not a joy to be around. I’m also experiencing a lot of tightness and fullness in my stomach and it constantly feels like I overate.

Anything Making you queasy or Sick?
Feeling great!

Have you Started to Show yet?
Yes, finally! I love getting asked about my pregnancy by people who didn’t know I was pregnant!

What I miss:
My clear skin.

What I'm looking forward to:
A long weekend in Mexico with Katie and the dogs and finishing up our baby registry…that’s the one big thing that’s been hanging over my head! We also have another doctor’s appointment next week and I can’t wait to see the little boo again.

What I'm not looking forward to:
I’ve had my first freakout thinking about labor and delivery…time is flying so fast!

Weekly Wisdom:
One day at a time.


Wie weit:
23 Wochen

Baby ist so gross wie eine:
Pampelmuse

Insgesamte Gewichtszunahme:
8kg

Umstandskleidung?
Genau wie letzte Woche: Eine Mischung aus Schwangerschaftsklamotten und normalen Klamotten. Meistens trage ich Schwangerschaftshosen und normale Oberteile. Ich trage ausserdem viele Klamotten aus Katie’s Kleiderschrank…solange es noch funktioniert, nutze ich es aus!

Schwangerschaftsstreifen?
Noch nicht!

Schlaf?
Ganz okay. An manchen Tagen muss ich nachts nicht einmal zur Toilette. Katie meinte, dass ich mich ganz schoen breit im Bett mache…ha!

Bester Moment der Woche:
Endlich! Die erste fremde Person hat mich gefragt, ob ich schwanger waere…darauf habe ich solange gewartet! 10 Minuten spaeter hat noch jemand gefragt, was mich total gefreut hat.

Bewegungen des Babys:
Den ganzen Tag lang! Ich fuehle ihn fast staendig und es macht nicht einmal einen Unterschied ob ich still sitze oder nicht. Es ist mir aufgefallen, dass er besonders hart strampelt, wenn ich unter meiner Heizdecke sitze, ich glaube er ist kein Fan von der Hitze (genau wie seine andere Mama!). Ich freue mich schon darauf, wenn man die Bewegungen von aussen sehen kann.

Heißhunger:
Ich habe in einer Woche ein ganzes Glass Nutella verspeist, von daher denke ich, dass ich erstmal eine Pause einlegen werde und versuchen werde, gesuender zu essen. Ich habe ausserdem diese Woche viel Orangensaft getrunken.  

Bauchnabel drinnen oder draussen:
Drinnen. Ich kann allerdings fuehlen, dass das Loch immer flacher wird.

Geschlecht:
Ein Junge!

Symptome:
Schwangerschaftsakne (die meiner Meinung nach immer schlimmer wird) und uebermaessige Emotionen. Leider bin ich nicht eine von denen, die anfaengt zu heulen, wenn sie eine kitschige Werbung oder Film sieht, meine Emotionen zeigen sich mometan eher in Wutausbruechen, Genervtheit und sehr wenig Geduld. Und wenn ich dann noch eine 80 Stunden Woche auf der Arbeit habe, dann ist es nicht gerade leicht fuer andere Leute, Zeit mit mir zu verbringen.
Ich fuehle mich ausserdem sehr voll und mein Bauch fuehlt sich sehr straff an, ich habe staendig das Gefuehl, als haette ich zuviel gegessen.   

Gibt es etwas, wovon dir schlecht wird?
Nein, ich fuehle mich super!

Kann man dir die Schwangerschaft ansehen?
Ja, endlich! Ich liebe es, wenn mich Leute, die nicht wussten, dass ich schwanger bin, nach meiner Schwangerschaft fragen!

Was ich vermisse:
Meine reine Haut.

Worauf ich mich freue:
Auf ein langes Wochenende in Mexico mit Katie und unseren Hunden und darauf, unsere Baby Registry fertig zu stellen…das haengt mir schon laenger ueber dem Kopf! Wir haben ausserdem einen Arzttermin naechste Woche und ich kann es kaum abwarten, den kleinen Mann wiederzusehen!

Worauf ich mich nicht freue:
Ich hatte diese Woche meinen ersten kleinen Panikanfall, als ich ueber die Geburt nachdachte…die Zeit fliegt!

Wöchentliche Weisheit:
Einen Tag nach dem anderen.


post signature

3 comments:

  1. Check out that belly. You look great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, you look great and the belly is for sure a great looking pregnancy belly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so beautiful! I love that shirt! And you just made me crave Nutella, haha! Those work weeks are crazy though, girl! I hope you get some time off and enjoy that weekend in Mexico! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!