January 03, 2014

Week 21

December 28th, 2013

How far along:
21 weeks

Baby is the size of a:
Carrot (or at least as long as one! :))

Total weight gain:
17lbs

Maternity Clothes?
I got some new maternity clothes from Katie’s grandparents for Christmas, which was one of the best presents, I really needed them!

Stretch Marks?
Not yet.

Sleep?
Crazy dreams and still up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night!

Best moment of the Week:
We started to decorate and unpack the nursery this week! Every time I walk by, it brings the biggest smile on my face!

Movement:
All the time now, I can especially feel him when I sit still at my desk or when I lay down at night. Some days, it feels like he’s having a party in there!

Food Cravings:
Chocolate Milk.

Belly Button in or out:
In.

Gender:
Sweet baby boy!

Symptoms:
Nothing new.

Anything Making you queasy or Sick?
Feeling good most of the time!

Have you Started to Show yet?
Getting bigger!

What I miss:
Same as last week: My clear skin. Sleeping through the night without having to get up to use the bathroom. And Soda!

What I'm looking forward to:
Our glider is coming in this week and I’m also looking forward to having an extra day off for New Year’s!

What I'm not looking forward to:
Nothing.

Weekly Wisdom:
My best friend told me this week: Get as much sleep now, while you still can! :)



Wie weit:
21 Wochen

Baby ist so gross wie eine:
Moehre (oder zumindest so lang wie eine!:))

Insgesamte Gewichtszunahme:
7,7kg

Umstandskleidung?
Ich habe zu Weihnachten neue Schwangerschaftsklamotten von Katie’s Grosseltern bekommen, was eines der besten Geschenke ueberhaupt war…ich habe sie wirklich gebraucht!

Schwangerschaftsstreifen?
Noch nicht!

Schlaf?
Ich habe verrueckte Traeume und muss mindestens einmal pro Nacht auf die Toilette.

Bester Moment der Woche:
Wir haben angefangen, das Kinderzimmer zu dekorieren und ein paar Kisten auszupacken! Jedesmal, wenn ich daran vorbei laufe, habe ich das groesste Grinsen auf meinem Gesicht!

Bewegungen des Babys:
Ziemlich oft mittlerweile, vorallem wenn ich ruhig an meinem Schreibtisch sitze oder nachts, wenn ich im Bett liege. Manchmal fuehlt es sich so an, als wuerde er da drin eine Party haben!

Heißhunger:
Kakao!

Bauchnabel drinnen oder draussen:
Drinnen.

Geschlecht:
Ein Junge!

Symptome:
Nichts neues.

Gibt es etwas, wovon dir schlecht wird?
Nein, ich fuehle mich zur Zeit ziemlich gut.

Kann man dir die Schwangerschaft ansehen?
Mein Bauch waechst und waechst!

Was ich vermisse:
Das gleiche wie letzte Woche: Meine reine Haut. In der Nacht durchzuschlafen, ohne auf die Toilette zu muessen! Und Cola! 

Worauf ich mich freue:
Unser Sessel fuers Kinderzimmer wird diese Woche geliefert und ich freue mich darauf, einen extra Tag Urlaub fuer Neujahr zu haben.

Worauf ich mich nicht freue:
Nichts.

Wöchentliche Weisheit:
Meine beste Freundin sagte diese Woche zu mir, dass ich es geniessen soll, soviel zu schlafen, wie ich moechte, solange ich noch kann! :)

post signature

5 comments:

  1. I'm loving this point in my pregnancy, I don't feel sick anymore, am not too big yet and generally don't have anything physical to complain about. I even have to remind myself that I'm pregnant sometimes.

    You are being very good staying off soda, I'm allowing myself a can a day, so much better than my pepsi max addiction before falling pregnant.
    I remember you writing about avoiding lunch meats...while I was in Germany last week I basically lived of salami bread rolls(oh how I miss German bread rolls!) and my friend was shocked to see that.
    The advice in Germany is similar to the US in that you should avoid most lunch meats, I did some research and the UK health system(and my midwifes) don't advice against it, they even point out that other countries do, but not enough proof has been found that it's dangerous, so I'm living on the edge with my turkey or salami sandwiches ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh ja! das mit dem schlaf kann ich nur bestaetigen! hol ihn dir solange du kannst. danke, dass du dein schwangerschaftstagebuch mit der oeffentlichkeit teilst. das ist so, als ob man es selber nochmal durchlebt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 21 weeks already! I feel like your pregnancy is going so fast and look at that beautiful belly! Are you going to share pictures of your progress with the nursery or wait until it's finished for the big reveal? I'm so excited to see it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! At this point, we'll probably wait until it's finished...totally embarrassing, but we're almost done...haha! It looks awesome and we're both really excited about it! (Although, Katie's 23-year old brother commented that it was a bit girly, so we're working on making it more boyish...lol)

      Delete

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!