May 21, 2011

The Big Apple

I love New York. 
I fell in love with it when I was traveling to the US for the very first time in 2001, while staying at the Au Pair School. It's been eight years since my last trip to the Big City and I was begging to go back!


Ich liebe New York.

Ich verliebte mich in die Stadt, als ich 2001 zum allerersten Mal in die USA reiste, während ich in der Au Pair Schule war. Acht Jahre sind seit meiner letzten Reise nach New York vergangen und ich konnte es nicht erwarten, zurueck zu kehren. 


My 30th Birthday seemed like the perfect occasion for an escape into a different world, my dad and his girlfriend thought the same thing and traveled all the way from Germany to meet us there.

Mein 30. Geburtstag schien die perfekte Gelegenheit für eine Flucht in eine andere Welt zu sein, das dachten sich auch mein Vater und seine Freundin und reisten den ganzen Weg von Deutschland nach New York, um uns dort treffen.
We spent three days in the magical city, taking the hop on/ hop off bus tour, visiting the Statue of Liberty, eating hot dogs and pretzels on the street, strolling through Central Park and enjoying the view on top of Rockefeller Center.

Wir verbrachten drei Tage in der magischen Stadt, wo wir die Hop on / Hop off Bustour mitmachten, die Freiheitsstatur besuchten, Hot Dogs und Brezeln auf der Straße assen, durch Central Park spazierten und die Aussicht von der Spitze des Rockefeller Center genossen.
The skies were gray and it rained on and off, but we made the best out of it and I enjoyed every minute of it. 

Der Himmel war grau und es regnete, aber wir haben das Beste draus gemacht und ich habe jede Minute genossen!
For my Birthday dinner, we went to Serendipity, which is not only featured in my favorite movie of all times, but also had amazing food and we ended the night with their famous Frozen Hot Chocolate!

Zu meinem Geburtstag Dinner gings zu Serendipity, wo nicht nur mein Lieblingsfilm gedreht wurde, sondern es gab auch super leckeres Essen und wir endeten den Abend mit ihrem beruehmten Nachtisch, Frozen Hot Chocolate!
Central Park: so peaceful in this big and vibrant city!

Central Park: so friedlich in dieser großen und lebendigen Stadt!

I love New York, but it's always good to go home and I sure missed the sunshine!:)


Ich liebe New York, aber es ist immer wieder schoen nach Hause zu kommen und ich habe auf jeden Fall die Sonne vermisst!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!