Skip to main content

Girls Trip

Oh my heart...looking back at these pictures are giving me all the happy feels.
We started our annual girl's trip for my 40th birthday, and have been going strong ever since.
I had been in a very dark place emotionally for the past few months, and honestly didn't even feel like going anymore, didn't want to be around people, and just stay in the dark hole I had buried myself in.
I figured, if anything, it will give me a chance to relax, read my book, and I knew no one would even blink an eye, if I needed alone time during the trip, but I couldn't have been more wrong about the weekend that was about to unfold.

I hardly drink, maybe five times a year at most, but my dear friend Becky and I started the weekend with some drinks on the beautiful patio of the home we had rented in Prescott, Arizona. She is my ride or die, and I'm so grateful for her.

It was a smaller group than usual, and while I initially was a little worried about it, it ended up being the perfect group and I think we all loved that it wasn't a huge group like it has been in years before.

The first night, we cooked at home, had drinks, caught up with each other, read, and just relaxed. The house was absolutely perfect, it was so beautiful and for the first time ever, we each got our own room.

Morning mimosas!

There were so many trees, the weather was gorgeous, and we even saw a family of deer just casually strolling through our yard.





We made a big charcuterie board for lunch and there was so much laughter, my abs hurt and there were tears streaming down my face. 



We all took an afternoon nap (I fell asleep in the hammock), and when I woke up I watched the beautiful sunset on the patio with my book. PERFECTION!

We initially had planned to go out for drinks and dinner, but we were all happy to just stay in, so we ordered dinner, played some games, and went into the hot tub.

And just like that, it was our last morning together. The air was cool, we snuggled up with blankets outside, drank coffee, read our books or chatted, and it was everything I didn't know I needed and more.

We were all sad to leave, and every year we say that we need to stay longer next time.


We ended up having lunch in town, did some shopping, and then went home to our families.

This weekend set my soul on fire. I didn't remember the last time I felt so happy, so loved, so completely relaxed, and it was so good for my heart and filled my cup. I am beyond grateful for these friendships that we formed over the last 12 years, and I can't imagine my life without these beautiful women in it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April phone dump

Some more pictures of our April. He's my bed hog, but I love sharing the bed with him and the way he comes find me in his sleep to snuggle up to me. Work Crew! Easter Preparations...it took me a solid hour to fill all the eggs. Finn chipped his permanent front tooth, and had to get it fixed. He was so brave. I tried to hold his hand to let him know I was there, and he kept giving me a thumbs up. Reading in bed with them is my favorite. We went to play mini golf, and it was an absolutely shit show. Just look at Finn in the background, he was on fire on this day. That's his "cool face". Not pictured are all the times he melted down because he wasn't "good enough". I really need to stop playing this game with him, because it happens every single time...haha.  Book Club! I wasn't a fan of the book, but it was great getting out and talking about books with other readers. He got into kinetic sand for a few weeks, and I felt like my floors were covered in s...

Germany

I took a quick trip to Germany over spring break while the boys were on vacation with Katie. My dad had some medical issues over the past year, and it had been almost two years since I went, but a trip that was supposed to be five days in Germany, ended up being only four days because of flight delays. When in Germany for the first time, you HAVE to try Mettbroetchen. Needless to say, she was not a fan haha. A trip down memory lane is always on the agenda for the first day, walking around my village, visiting the homes where I grew up in (which are luckily still owned by my family), visiting my grandparent's graves, and eating all my favorite foods.  My only living grandparent, and one of the main reasons I wanted to go visit. It was so special to spend time with her. We had doener almost every day! Family dinner at my favorite restaurant one night, I absolutely loved how many people were able to join us even though it was very short notice. We also had breakfast at my grandma'...

May iPhone dump

Some pictures to round up on our May! I got this sweet birthday card from my supervisors and director and it made my day. Playdates with friends! I took the boys to the Home Show to visit Katie. Aunt Bri photo bombed their picture! Dentist vibes! We had a fun dinner and swim date with my friend Lindsay and her kids. These two jumped in the pool fully dressed! I loved seeing how well they got along. Finn's Mother's Day Project from school, always funny! They had a cute Mother's Day celebration at school where they served us moms with muffins and coffee, and presented a little poem. My friend Jessica posted this about our random Goodwill date, and I loved her words. For my birthday, I wanted to have a little brunch with my friends, and it was such a perfect morning with my favorite people. Add a baby in the mix, and I was in heaven! Proud mom moment, and this needs a permanent spot for my memories. Fox has worked so incredibly hard this year, I was so worried about him transi...