July 26, 2017

Best Playground ever!

If you couldn't already tell, Fox had a blast in Germany, but this day was one of the best! My friends and family had told me about this place called "Irrland" and while I remembered being there many many years ago, they told me that they had expanded tremendously and it was kid paradise. And that it was.

Picture the biggest pumpkin patch (minus the pumpkins) you have ever seen...they had everything: Petting Zoos, Corn Mazes, Hay Bales, a giant structure with nothing but corn inside, another giant structure with oversize legos, slides, playgrounds, airplanes, mud areas, pools, splash pads, bounce houses, climbing structures, bikes, go-carts. We weren't even able to see everything, this place was huge! I wish we had something like this here! And it was only $6.50!


They had a few mazes there and we actually got very lost in one of them, it was huge!


This pad had water inside and all the kids loved wrestling on it, including Fox and my mom.

This was a giant sand pile with tons of those pipes that you could connect and then grab a hose and let water flow through it. Fox could've played there all day.




See him throwing the sand on himself? He seriously needed a bath every single day in Germany, he was so filthy and played hard everywhere we went. It was fun seeing him going from a "city kid" to a "country kid" in no time. 



Look at this! I've never seen anything like it, it was a giant hall filled with these lego blocks and kids were building huge houses and structures. So amazing!




Buried in corn

This structure made me a little nervous. There were tunnels everywhere, holes to fall in and it was impossible to track Fox once he disappeared inside. He had a blast though and he made it out in one piece! 
We left around 7pm and we probably only saw a quarter of what they had to offer. It was seriously the most amazing kids place I have ever been to and if we lived there, I would get a season pass for sure. We all had a great time!

Since Fox never went to bed before 11pm in Germany (we somehow got on a weird schedule, but I secretly loved it because we got to sleep in until 11 every morning as well!), we decided to take him to the local fair after we got back. It was a ten minute walk from my mom's house and he loved fishing for ducks and riding rides.

And if the day wasn't awesome enough, my mom picked up my favorite food after we got back from the fair! I had this exact meal probably five times while I was in Germany, it's the only food I miss from my home country and I'm obsessed. You can only get it at this one restaurant in our town and they make this special sauce (they don't give out the recipe, the sauce is what they are famous for) and it's so good! 

Finally asleep after a fun-filled day!

1 comment:

  1. Das sieht ja echt total toll aus, das wuerde meinen beiden auch super gefallen. Nur schade das es etwas weit weg ist von meinen Eltern. Sonst wuerd ich es sofort auf unsere Liste schreiben fuer naechstes Jahr.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!