Skip to main content

Fox's "Back to School" Pictures

These might be my all time favorite pictures. 
With Fox's first day of preschool approaching, I wanted to get some pictures done to remember this stage of his life. I wasn't even planning on going to this photo shoot, because I had already paid for another "Back to School" Photoshoot on the same day, but when the photographer posted a picture of the set up the night before, I quickly changed my mind and I'm so glad I did. 



I've been very nervous about him starting school soon. He is such a shy little guy and I'm worried it will be a nightmare. I'm sure in the first few weeks it will be (just like his swimming classes), but I hope that he will grow to love it quickly and makes friends, has fun and learns a lot.


He will start out going two mornings a week and then five mornings a week starting in January (unless Hannah will stay with us for another year, in that case, he would continue going two mornings a week).



We visited his school once to get him familiar with the environment and play there, but he was not a fan at all and kept asking to go home. Hannah will take him one more time before he officially starts and then we will see... I have anxiety just thinking about it!

But I also know in the end that he will be fine and that this new transition is good and important for his growth. I will keep you posted how it goes! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April phone dump

Some more pictures of our April. He's my bed hog, but I love sharing the bed with him and the way he comes find me in his sleep to snuggle up to me. Work Crew! Easter Preparations...it took me a solid hour to fill all the eggs. Finn chipped his permanent front tooth, and had to get it fixed. He was so brave. I tried to hold his hand to let him know I was there, and he kept giving me a thumbs up. Reading in bed with them is my favorite. We went to play mini golf, and it was an absolutely shit show. Just look at Finn in the background, he was on fire on this day. That's his "cool face". Not pictured are all the times he melted down because he wasn't "good enough". I really need to stop playing this game with him, because it happens every single time...haha.  Book Club! I wasn't a fan of the book, but it was great getting out and talking about books with other readers. He got into kinetic sand for a few weeks, and I felt like my floors were covered in s...

Germany

I took a quick trip to Germany over spring break while the boys were on vacation with Katie. My dad had some medical issues over the past year, and it had been almost two years since I went, but a trip that was supposed to be five days in Germany, ended up being only four days because of flight delays. When in Germany for the first time, you HAVE to try Mettbroetchen. Needless to say, she was not a fan haha. A trip down memory lane is always on the agenda for the first day, walking around my village, visiting the homes where I grew up in (which are luckily still owned by my family), visiting my grandparent's graves, and eating all my favorite foods.  My only living grandparent, and one of the main reasons I wanted to go visit. It was so special to spend time with her. We had doener almost every day! Family dinner at my favorite restaurant one night, I absolutely loved how many people were able to join us even though it was very short notice. We also had breakfast at my grandma'...

May iPhone dump

Some pictures to round up on our May! I got this sweet birthday card from my supervisors and director and it made my day. Playdates with friends! I took the boys to the Home Show to visit Katie. Aunt Bri photo bombed their picture! Dentist vibes! We had a fun dinner and swim date with my friend Lindsay and her kids. These two jumped in the pool fully dressed! I loved seeing how well they got along. Finn's Mother's Day Project from school, always funny! They had a cute Mother's Day celebration at school where they served us moms with muffins and coffee, and presented a little poem. My friend Jessica posted this about our random Goodwill date, and I loved her words. For my birthday, I wanted to have a little brunch with my friends, and it was such a perfect morning with my favorite people. Add a baby in the mix, and I was in heaven! Proud mom moment, and this needs a permanent spot for my memories. Fox has worked so incredibly hard this year, I was so worried about him transi...