Skip to main content

Chalkboard

We've had an old picture frame in our garage for the last 4 years. It never had glass, but I liked the frame and thought we could make a mirror out of it eventually.
Of course that never happened and the frame was just laughing in my face each time I pulled into the garage.
It finally came to me that I should make it a chalkboard instead, which was one of the easiest projects ever. 
I wish I took a "before" picture, but I forgot.
It was super easy. I went to Home Depot to have them cut a wooden board for me and painted it with Chalkboard paint after I primed it. I did one coat of primer and two coats of chalkboard paint.
I was thinking about priming the frame as well, but got too lazy and simply spray painted one coat over the existing finish, which worked great. 
I love it!


Wir hatten für die letzten 4 Jahre einen alten Bilderrahmen in unserer Garage. Er hatte nie Glas, aber ich mochte den Rahmen und dachte, wir könnten irgendwann einen Spiegel daraus machen.
Natürlich ist das nie passiert, und der Rahmen lachte mir jedesmal ins Gesicht, wenn ich in die Garage fuhr.
Irgendwann kam mir dann die Idee aus dem Rahmen eine Tafel zu machen, was eines der einfachsten Projekte ueberhaupt war.
Ich wünschte, ich haette ein "Vorher" Bild von dem Rahmen gemacht, aber ich habe es vergessen. 
Es war super einfach. Ich habe mir im Baumarkt ein Holzbrett, was genau in den Rahmen passte, zurecht schneiden lassen und es dann mit "Tafelfarbe" gestrichen. Ich habe eine Schicht Grundierung benutzt und dann zwei Schichten Tafelfarbe.
Ich hatte ueberlegt den Rahmen auch zu grundieren, aber wurde dann zu faul und habe einfach eine Schicht Farbe ueber den Rahmen gesprueht, was gut funktioniert hat. 
Ich liebe es!


Comments

Post a Comment

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!

Popular posts from this blog

Willow Trees

We took some family pictures this fall!

April phone dump

Some more pictures of our April. He's my bed hog, but I love sharing the bed with him and the way he comes find me in his sleep to snuggle up to me. Work Crew! Easter Preparations...it took me a solid hour to fill all the eggs. Finn chipped his permanent front tooth, and had to get it fixed. He was so brave. I tried to hold his hand to let him know I was there, and he kept giving me a thumbs up. Reading in bed with them is my favorite. We went to play mini golf, and it was an absolutely shit show. Just look at Finn in the background, he was on fire on this day. That's his "cool face". Not pictured are all the times he melted down because he wasn't "good enough". I really need to stop playing this game with him, because it happens every single time...haha.  Book Club! I wasn't a fan of the book, but it was great getting out and talking about books with other readers. He got into kinetic sand for a few weeks, and I felt like my floors were covered in s...

August iPhone dump

Some moments from my August... Coffee treats during busy shifts! Fox had a pool playdate with some friends. First day of middle school! Unfortunately I had to work and couldn't send him off that day, but my favorite co-parent came through with some pictures from the bus stop. Found a bunch of these selfies on my phone haha. On the way to school one morning, middle school is rough apparently. A quick brunch with friends to celebrate the end of summer break! My sweet friend Nikki gave me this bucket full of beautiful dresses that she had outgrown. A lot of them still had tags on them! Dinner date with the boys, they preferred playing a game together instead of talking to me...haha! Homework struggles have begun again! Sweet treats after school while we wait for Finn to get off the bus. Unfortunately their buses arrive an hour apart from each other, so we have a lot of waiting around because the bus stop is too far from my house.  He was helping me make schnitzel! We watched Bad guys ...