Skip to main content

Climbing in Trees

A few months ago a friend of mine posted on facebook about this Outdoor Adventure Ropes Course in Flagstaff and I immediately knew that I wanted to check it out. I had done something similar many years ago in Germany and loved it, so last weekend Ashlie, Katie and I finally went. 

Vor ein paar Monaten berichtete ein Bekannter von mir auf Facebook ueber einen Hochseilgarten in Flagstaff und ich wusste sofort, dass ich dahin musste. Ich hatte sowas Ähnliches schon mal vor vielen Jahren in Deutschland gemacht und habe es geliebt und so sind Ashlie, Katie und ich am Wochenende dorthin gefahren.

They take you through a kids training course first, followed by four adult ropes courses, high up in the trees, that continually became harder as you went. 
Katie is deathly afraid of heights and I was so proud of her for doing this with us and she did awesome!

Zunaechst muss man ein Training auf dem Kinder Hochseilgarte mitmachen, gefolgt von vier Hochseilgärten fuer Erwachsene, hoch oben in den Bäumen, die immer schwieriger wurden.
Katie hat totale Höhenangst und ich war so stolz auf sie, dass sie mitgemacht hat und sie war super!

It was higher than it looks on the pictures!
Es war hoeher als es auf den Fotos aussieht!

































































There was a big church group in front of us and many of the girls from this group needed to be rescued, because they couldn’t go through the second obstacle, so a guide came up and lowered them down with ropes. Because of that group, there was some waiting between the stations involved and unfortunately we had to leave after only completing the first two courses, because we had to be back in Phoenix on time to give Zuma his pill. We got lucky though, when Katie explained our situation to the owner, he offered us some free admission tickets to come back another time! So nice!

Es war eine große Kirchengruppe vor uns und viele der Mädchen aus dieser Gruppe mussten "gerettet" werden, weil sie das zweite Hindernis nicht bewaeltigen konnten, von daher kam oefters mal ein Mitarbeiter hoch um sie mit Seilen runterzulassen.
Aufgrund dieser Gruppe mussten wir zwischen den einzelnen Stationen laenger warten und leider mussten wir bereits nach Abschluss der ersten zwei Hochseilgaerten gehen, weil wir zurueck nach Phoenix mussten, um Zuma seine Medikamente zu geben. Wir hatten allerdings Glück, Katie erklaerte dem Besitzer unsere Situation und er gab uns kostenlose Eintrittskarten um ein anderes Mal wiederkommen! So nett!

We all had a blast and even though it was scary at times, we’re planning to go back in a couple of weeks and spend the whole weekend in Flagstaff with Katie’s Family. I can’t wait!

Es hat uns allen viel Spass gemacht, auch wenn es manchmal schwierig wurde, und wir planen in ein paar Wochen wieder hinzufahren um das ganze Wochenende mit Katie's Familie in Flagstaff zu verbringen. Ich kann es kaum erwarten!

post signature

Comments

  1. We are going there tomorrow for Tyler's birthday as a surprise. I am looking forward to it. It looks like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!

Popular posts from this blog

Willow Trees

We took some family pictures this fall!

April phone dump

Some more pictures of our April. He's my bed hog, but I love sharing the bed with him and the way he comes find me in his sleep to snuggle up to me. Work Crew! Easter Preparations...it took me a solid hour to fill all the eggs. Finn chipped his permanent front tooth, and had to get it fixed. He was so brave. I tried to hold his hand to let him know I was there, and he kept giving me a thumbs up. Reading in bed with them is my favorite. We went to play mini golf, and it was an absolutely shit show. Just look at Finn in the background, he was on fire on this day. That's his "cool face". Not pictured are all the times he melted down because he wasn't "good enough". I really need to stop playing this game with him, because it happens every single time...haha.  Book Club! I wasn't a fan of the book, but it was great getting out and talking about books with other readers. He got into kinetic sand for a few weeks, and I felt like my floors were covered in s...

August iPhone dump

Some moments from my August... Coffee treats during busy shifts! Fox had a pool playdate with some friends. First day of middle school! Unfortunately I had to work and couldn't send him off that day, but my favorite co-parent came through with some pictures from the bus stop. Found a bunch of these selfies on my phone haha. On the way to school one morning, middle school is rough apparently. A quick brunch with friends to celebrate the end of summer break! My sweet friend Nikki gave me this bucket full of beautiful dresses that she had outgrown. A lot of them still had tags on them! Dinner date with the boys, they preferred playing a game together instead of talking to me...haha! Homework struggles have begun again! Sweet treats after school while we wait for Finn to get off the bus. Unfortunately their buses arrive an hour apart from each other, so we have a lot of waiting around because the bus stop is too far from my house.  He was helping me make schnitzel! We watched Bad guys ...