November 28, 2022

Weekend Getaway

In August, the boys and I escaped the Phoenix heat and went "glamping" in Flagstaff.
I booked the cutest little cabin, that didn't have a bathroom, but we had beds, electricity, and even a mini fridge and a microwave. 

This was the view behind our cabin, and after a long Phoenix summer, I was so happy to be outside. We even had a thunderstorm while we were there!

While I love camping, I have no idea how to cook on any kind of camping equipment (not that I own any), so I was super happy that they had a food truck in the mornings where we could order some breakfast, and the boys were happy as well!


After breakfast, we explored the campground for a bit.

Fox must have taken 7 rides in this train, while Finn was too scared to try.



The night we arrived, my friend Marcela texted me and asked if we wanted to join their family in Flagstaff the next day to go mushroom hunting. I replied that we were already there and would love to meet up with them. Such a great coincidence. 

I had never been mushroom picking, but her family does it every year, so on this day we learned a lot about lobster mushrooms, how to pick the good ones, and how to process them afterwards.

Fox is my inside kid, he would much rather be at home (or in the cabin) and read a book versus spending time in the forest.

Finn on the other hand was living his best life.














He found this rock at the campground and wanted to take a picture with it.

We spent a few hours with Marcela and her family, and then went back to the cabin for a while.

After their family finished picking mushrooms, they came to join us for a couple of hours and the kids had a blast playing together.






We stayed for two nights, and after checking out, we made a quick pit stop at our favorite ropes course in Flagstaff.


I can't wait until he is old enough to do the big course with me, but he had so much fun exploring the kids course again.



It was a short trip, but it felt like exactly what we needed, after a few busy first weeks of school for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!