August 28, 2020

4th of July

Fox's 4th of July picture through the years...makes me want to cry! I remember taking his 2014 picture very vividly and it seems like it was just last year. Time is a thief and I'm having a hard time accepting it. 

And then there's this guy. Luckily he only has two pictures so far, but I will blink and he will be just as grown up as Mr. Fox. 

Last year we spent the 4th with a lot of our friends. My friend Corinne had a pool party and it was just an amazing day. When Corinne told me that she was going out of town for the holiday weekend, I contemplated hosting a pool party/ BBQ at our house, but with Covid and many of my friends still isolating, it didn't seem like good timing. I was bummed about not being able to spend the holiday with my friends and my kids being able to play with theirs, until my friend Trinidy told me that she was housesitting Corinne's house while they were away and Corinne had suggested to invite the boys and me over as well. 
So in a turn of events, we were still able to have a little pool party at Corinne's house, unfortunately without her which felt more than weird. 

These boys are five days apart in age and have been playing together since they were itty bitty. 

It was just our two families and ended up being perfect. 


We spent most of the day in the pool, played a little bit inside after lunch, and went back in the pool before dinner and sparklers. 


We just went on the street for some pop rockets and sparklers. My kids were a little intimidated by the sparklers but loved the pop rockets. 
And Finn loved this poop...he thought it was so funny!


It was definitely a different kind of 4th of July this year, but I'm grateful for Corinne to opening her house to us and for Trinidy for inviting us. The kids had a great time and so did I!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!