July 13, 2020

Easter

So yea...the 4th of July has passed and here I am, still talking about Easter. My life has been insanely busy these last few months, which is the reason I'm so behind on this blog. I have the kids about 90% of the time, I'm busy with my business and to top it off, I decided to sign up for two summer classes, which is an accelerated program, so I'm trying to do the work of 16 weeks in 8...yikes! I don't know if life will get any less crazy for me in the next few years, but I'm determined to catch up on here, because I love to capture our memories and I don't want to forget a single detail.
The boys' Easter baskets...what's not shown in the water table I got for Finn, which he still loves.

This picture cracks me up...he is clearly excited that the Easter bunny came. I don't even know why he was crying, but he was okay once Fox showed him all the cool stuff he got.

I got Fox this little video game console. We don't have any video games in the house, so this was a first. It was only $20 (amazon) and has all those old school gameboy games on it (like Super Mario Bros. and Tetris). I was really excited to play with it too, but Fox wanted to bring it to Katie's house one weekend and what do you know...it's been missing ever since. He's asking me to buy him a new one, but that's not going to happen. Sorry buddy!

After the boys checked out their baskets, we did an Easter egg hunt in the yard.


This was Finn's first egg hunt and he did great!



I sent this picture to my mom, because I thought it was cute and she commented how sad she feels for Finn, because Fox got all the eggs and Finn hardly got any. Luckily he is not at the age yet where he cares and I made sure that Fox shared some of his eggs with him afterwards.


This is the face of a kid who loves to eat candy!

He also got a bubble machine from the Easter bunny. Is it just me or do these things break within a few days?

It's still weird to me to see him with missing teeth.

That afternoon we went to Katie's moms house.

She set up an Easter egg hunt for the boys as well (with $1 bills in them), but this time we divided the yard and they each only got to collect eggs in their area.

Waiting patiently for his turn.

I counted the eggs before I hid them and after everything was said and done, we were still missing one egg.

That was my sad attempt to get a cute easter picture of them. Exactly the reason why I have so many professional pictures taken.

It was a great day and I was so happy that I got to spend the holiday with them and also with family this year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!