January 25, 2019

December iPhone Dump

December started out with these beautiful ladies here. We went to a wine bar for Happy Hour and although I can neither drink nor eat anything with dairy (which ended up being pretty much nothing), it was so freeing to get out and laugh for hours.

I took the kids to a local children's festival at our community college, where they had tons of crafts to do and every child even received two free books.


Fox had so much fun exploring all the stations and didn't want to leave. A random lady approached me and asked me if that was Fox and when I told her yes, she said she works at the local library and remembers him from when he used to come there as a one and two year old with our nanny! So funny!

Only one of us wanted to take the picture. These boys crack me up.

Always watching big brother!

Katie and I took the boys to see Christmas lights. There is this house that we always used to visit during Christmas Time before we had kids. They stopped doing their lights a few years ago, but when I randomly drove by, I saw that they were "back in business", so it was Fox's first time there.



This might have been my favorite day in all of December. We ventured out early one morning to meet with a friend at a nearby town for their Christmas parade. We had never been there, but it was so fun and totally worth the drive. These boys are five days apart in age and while they usually never play together anymore, they had a lot of fun together on this day.

They were so excited to collect all the candy from the parade, it lasted probably 1.5 hours and there was a ton of candy. Fox totally understands that he is not allowed to eat most of it, which is why he was even more happy when they threw some lollipops and smarties that he could eat!

After the parade we walked to a playground and let the kids play for a little bit.

We went home for some quick showers and then all of us headed over to another friend's house, who had invited us for dinner, playtime and christmas lights. 
Three of the boys ready to go!

We walked about 30 minutes in their neighborhood to this little gem! Yes, that is a regular house, all decked out. It was so cool! 



All of the boys got along so well and the walk to the Christmas house was definitely my favorite part of the night. The weather was perfect, I had Finn all snuggled up on me in his carrier, the big boys were laughing and being crazy together and us moms were just soaking it all in.



My heart is just so full on days like these. I love having friends that have kids around the same age and it was just a great night (and day) all the way around!

Every day on the way to school and back, we pass In n Out. And every day Fox asks me to go there "as a special treat", as he calls it. He was super excited when we went one day after school. His eyes are always bigger than his stomach, because he always asks to eat not only his, but also my french fries, but never makes it past his own.

Unbelievable that only four years ago, he was sitting in this sleigh as a tiny baby. If I blink, Finn will be just as big. Cue the tears!

This made me laugh. I was getting a car wash and Santa and Mrs. Claus were sitting there waiting for their car (or sleigh?) as well, both busy on their phones.

A crazy morning in our neighborhood. Fox told me that there were fire engines right in front of our house and sure enough, our neighbor's house was on fire. It was determined that somebody had set that fire, so our neighborhood became quickly a crime scene and investigators were interviewing everyone. They were there from 8am in the morning, when the fire started, to midnight, it was crazy. And sadly, didn't have a good ending.

I often go to church while Katie keeps Fox, but on this day I took both of them with me. I was so proud when people came up to me after the service to tell me how well behaved my boys were.

That afternoon we attended a birthday party for one of Fox's best friends and afterwards Fox suggested to go to the aquarium, so we did. I'm pretty bad at taking selfies but Fox's smile was so sweet that I don't even care that Finn is not looking or that the picture is blurry.

A beautiful morning in December!

Another weekend, another adventure with my boys!
One of my friends had posted on Facebook about the Charlie Brown's Christmas play she had attended with her daughter. She said that it was amazing, so I booked us some tickets for the following weekend.
Waiting for the Show to begin and Fox wanted some cuddles with his brother.

We had a table in the front row and I couldn't believe that the tickets were only $17. It was really amazing and all of us loved it. Well, I can't be sure about Finn, but he was engaged and Fox and I thought it was awesome!

Definitely something I would like to do every year!

After the play, we met up with our buddy Jake and Kristy at their neighborhood park. He's clearly living his best life!

“Rudolph with your nose so bright, won’t you guide my sleigh tonight?”
Fox was all about acting out the Rudolph story from one of his Christmas books over and over...I had to play Santa and Finn had to be Cupid. I love how much he loves Christmas!

When you can't handle losing at Monopoly...

I never expected in a million years that Fox would love his baby brother as much as he does. It melts my heart every single day.

One night, we loaded up the car and went to see a drive through light show, called Illumination (I posted about it last year). Finn was mesmerized!

Two days later...It was a chilly night in Phoenix and I bundled up the kids to meet Kristy and Jake at Zoolights.

And when your kid begs for a unicorn hat at the Zoo, you buy him a unicorn hat. He was so proud and happy!
The line to get in was crazy long and once we were inside, all the boys wanted to do was to run around at the playground. Go figure!

They did sit still for about 5.3 seconds though to look at some lights, but then ran off again to be crazy together.


December 31st.
We ended the year with a playdate at Skyzone with some friends. My friend's son (who is not even two) wanted to hold Finn and then didn't want to give him up anymore. He just kept holding on with all his might and it was so cute. 
What a great month it was!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!