September 08, 2018

Finn's Superhero Nursery

I had planned to keep Fox's old nursery exactly the same for our next baby (you can check it out HERE), but Katie wanted to change it up because she thought the tree decals in Fox's nursery were too scary (Fox was scared about them at some point). 
I was two months pregnant and sick to my stomach and would've agreed to anything at that point, because I simply didn't care about anything but sleeping and not throwing up.
Katie and Fox decided on a Superhero theme for Finn's nursery, I assume it was probably more Fox's idea than Katie's. But before operation Nursery could start, Katie also wanted to get the room remodeled, so she called our favorite contractor to get the job done.
This remodel was relatively easy, at least compared to the previous ones we did. We replaced the floors, baseboards, added some canned lights, got new shutters and a new ceiling fan and had the room painted. And then it was finally time to decorate and unpack the 587 boxes of baby stuff we had.
Remember I said that Katie wanted to re-do the room because the tree decals were too scary? I think the batman decals are wayyyy scarier, but whatever...haha. Hopefully we don't ruin our sweet boy right from the start!


We got the shelf at Pottery barn Kids and it was the first thing we bought for his room.


I think we are all set on clothes. And this is not even everything, his dresser is full of newborn - 3 month clothes. Between Fox's old clothes, receiving hand me downs from friends and not being able to restrain ourselves from buying cute clothes on clearance, we might have a little too much stuff! 

These Superhero Closet Knobs are from Hobby Lobby.

I love this Lightning Bolt (from Etsy)

His name sign is also from Etsy. We had the name Finn picked out for years and Christian is Katie's brother's name. Fox's middle name Dominic came from my brother!




This mobile might be the favorite thing in his room (from Etsy of course) and he already seems intrigued by it when he is laying on the changing table!

The funny thing is, that Fox was very scared of his old nursery, even after he long moved into his new big boy room. But once we remodeled it and changed it up, he has been loving it and plays in there every day! I hope Finn will love it just as much as Fox!

1 comment:

  1. SUPER cute theme! That's too funny that Fox was not a fan of the trees. I would think that a bunch of Batman masks would be a bit scarier, but I'm sure that since big brother loves it, Finn will too. The mobile is absolutely adorable and I love that Batman bookshelf! What a fun space to grow up in. I feel you on the -- having too much clothes to know what to do with. I had separated out clothes from Gracie that could be shared with a little brother and between that, 2 baby showers and all the clearance stuff we purchased, he mostly wears things 2-3 times max, lol! Finn's newborn pictures turned out so beautifully. I just can't believe how much he looks like Fox. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!