April 10, 2018

March Re-Cap

It's April! Which means it's time to do a quick re-cap of our last month!
March was a month I was dreading for a very long time, because Katie went on a three week trip with her mom. I was so worried on how I would manage without her, because of my exhaustion and nausea, but timing couldn't have been more perfect, because both subsided the week before she left! 
So here's what Fox and I were up to while Katie traveled the world!
We kicked off March with a Purim celebration at Fox's school! Fox was so excited to dress up and chose the Flash costume for the occasion. The kids had a parade and I couldn't stop smiling seeing him with all of his friends and having so much fun! He lit up when he spotted me in the crowd and came running up...he was so incredibly proud!

I seriously loved this time with him so much!

These are the kind of pictures his Grandma sent me while I was at work one day. Apparently Fox clogged the toilet and was excited that Grandpa had to unclog it. 

Best Friends...these two boys have the sweetest friendship there ever was!

One weekend, we invited Fox's best friend and his sister to come to the dinosaur exhibition with us. We got free tickets through work and everyone was excited to check it out.

The tickets were usually super expensive ($34 per person) and the rides weren't even included with them. For that kind of money, the expo was so not worth it, but luckily we got in for free and the kids had so much fun!

Digging for dinosaur bones

Not sure what these ride on toys had to do with dinosaurs, but they were a hit nonetheless. 



Another day, another playdate!
We bought this climbing structure two years ago and while I hate how big it is and how much space it takes up in our playroom, it's the one toy Fox has played with every single day since we got it. In fact, he and Katie are having a sleepover underneath (in their fort) as we speak!

Just a random afternoon in the playroom

I have wanted a Cricut machine for years and Katie surprised me with one before she left for her trip! I always buy so many shirts for special occasions on Etsy and now I can make them myself! My friend Lindsay, who has the same machine, came over one morning to teach me how to use it and we made my first onesie together.

Another project I made...can't wait to see my boys in them!

One weekend, there was a teeny tiny fair set up in our neighborhood and Fox loves the fair, so we went to check it out. 
On the carousel

The only problem with fairs is, that Fox wants to play all the games to win something, so I spent an absurd amount of money on some stuffed animals that are going to end up in the trash hopefully sooner than later...haha. But he had a blast and still talks about it, so it was well worth it!

We were invited to Aunt Ashlie's house for dinner afterwards and Fox's other best friend (aka Grandpa) was there and if Fox's day hasn't been fun enough yet, it surely was now. 

And that is where things went downhill. I had made it ten days without Katie and was super proud of myself and we were both rocking it. Until Fox started to get an 103 degree fever and threw up all over the bed in the middle of the night. So we rushed to Urgent Care where he was diagnosed with Strep Throat.
Poor little guy was so tired when we waited for his medication at the pharmacy.

The following days were a whirlwind of doctor visits, lots of vomit, fevers and little sleep. Fox didn't eat for four days and then developed an allergic reaction to his antibiotics. Getting him to take the meds was a nightmare, but we both powered through and made it in one piece!

He was super cuddly, always laying close to me and holding on to me in some way. Sweet boy!

It took about a week before he got better and I was so relieved when he did. This is the sickest he has ever been in his almost four years of life and I know we can call ourselves lucky that strep is the worst that has ever happened to him, but it's still sad to see your baby so miserable. 

One day Fox went to play in his bedroom and I went to check on him after a few minutes, because he was awfully quiet and found him like this. Just reading a book in his cockpit. Totally melted my heart. 

The week before Easter, we went to a Helicopter Easter Egg drop at a local church. They had some bounce houses and face painting, followed by the egg drop and Easter egg hunt. I was surprised how well Fox did on the hunt, considering that there were tons of older children and he had just gotten better. Unfortunately, he couldn't eat much of the candy that was in the eggs, because of his allergies, but he took the disappointment like a champ and was happy about the one item he was able to eat. I was proud of him. 

As a special treat, I took him to In and Out afterwards and he declared it was his favorite restaurant. 

I bought this wooden Easter bunny three years ago on Clearance, but Fox was never interested in painting it before...until now. I can probably thank school for that! We hung it on the front door and he was proud to show it off!
And that wraps up the month of March!
We were both so happy when Katie got back and I can't wait to see what April has in store for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!