March 27, 2018

Easter Egg Smash

I can always count on my friend Kristy to join in on Pinterest ideas that seem like they will be a total fail and take forever to set up.
I saw this idea a few years ago and didn't get around to try it out last year, so when I remembered it a few weeks ago and texted Kristy, I knew she was going to be on board. 
We met up at a park on a Sunday morning and these boys were excited to see each other again. I don't think we played with Jake since we went to Winter Wonderland in early December, because I was avoiding anything that would drag me away from the couch or toilet. Ha!

So the idea was to empty out eggs and fill them with paint instead and have the boys smash them onto a white canvas. I pictured the canvas standing up instead of laying down, but Kristy had the idea to lay them on the grass instead, so it would be easier to hit it for the boys, which was probably the key to our success. 
I gave Fox a dozen filled eggs, Jake had a little more I believe. They smashed each egg multiple times until it really exploded on the canvas. I thought we would be done with this project in two minutes flat, but I was surprised how long they enjoyed this activity.

Jake liked to smash his eggs with his feet instead...you can see how different their pictures turned out at the end because of his technique, but I love them both so much!

Fox never enjoyed painting very much, but he as a weekly art class at school and has been asking me to do "Messy artwork" at home, so this was right up his alley. 

Aren't they both so cool? I really, really love them and we already hung Fox's in his room. He was so proud!
While it was messy and not fast to set up, I would definitely do this again next year, if Fox would be interested in doing it again!

1 comment:

  1. We did this a couple years ago, much to the delight of little monster and boo. It is a really fun art activity!!! Those are fantastic ehh smash paintings indeed. Ours have a place of honor on the designated ART wall.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!