January 17, 2018

Christmas 2017

This post is long overdue, but the great sickness of 2017/2018 has hit our house and we are just slowly recovering from it. 

We celebrated Christmas Eve at Katie's mom's house, just like we did the last few years. She always has a ton of people over and even Katie's other side of the family joins.
This picture probably sums up where the sickness all started. Although we live in Arizona and it wasn't "that" cold, I kept saying that he shouldn't play outside without shoes on, so I'm totally blaming it on this. 




Everybody brings some food and it's always a great time.

Brock (my new brother in law) flew in from North Carolina and Sharon (his grandma) from Oregon.




Annual family picture in front of their tree. 

Being silly with Mommy and Grandpa

Rene' had the Santa tracker ready, just like the last few years, but Fox wasn't as impressed as last year and only watched for a minute. 


Ashlie and Fox's favorite: Snapchat






Fox was allowed to open an early christmas gift from a family friend and he loved the remote controlled cars he got...although he still doesn't really know how to drive them without crashing into everything that's around. 





We opened some gifts after dinner, but it was super late and Fox started feeling crummy, so we went home pretty soon after that.

At home, we quickly put out milk and cookies for Santa and carrots for the reindeer before it was time for bed.

Fox's reaction to this fire station was priceless. He is not one who shows emotions easily, but he said something like "Wow...this is awesome!" and it totally made those four hours it took to build, worth it. 

Before the rest of Katie's family joined us for breakfast, I took a turn for the worst and basically stayed horizontal for the rest of the day. 
We weren't exchanging gifts with the adults, since we all planned to go to Disneyland the week after (which in the end our family had to cancel, because we were all so sick, the others still went), but we couldn't pass up this plunger. 


Fox doesn't refer to Grandpa as Grandpa anymore, he now says "My best friend, Grandpa Jones", so cute!


Fox had asked for the board game "Mousetrap" for a very long time and was so excited to play it, after Uncle Brett spent about 45 minutes putting it together. 

All in all, I have to say that it was the worst Christmas ever for me, because I felt so sick, but I was grateful to still be around family and that Fox had tons of people to play with. 
I hope you all had a great holiday season with your loved ones!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear that you all were sick for the holidays. :( Gracie was sick for 3 of her past 6 Christmas seasons and I was so nervous that it would happen again this year and that the baby would get it too. Thankfully they both ended up getting sick right after Christmas, but I was still so upset that Will was sick for the first time at just 8.5 months old, when Grace didn't get her first cold until 11.5 months. The life of a little brother who's sister's bringing home those elementary school germs!

    How awesome for Fox that he's adored by so many! You can just see all the love your families have for him in your posts! Happy New Year!

    P.S. hopefully your Christmas post will motivate me to finally finish ours, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holiday sickness is the absolute most miserable. I recall a bout of noravirus one Christmas about 5 years ago and I truly had a "real" conversation With the elf on the shelf in my fevered state. Comical now but not so much when trying to get gifts under the tree between dashes to bathroom.

    I love that kitchen! So big and Arizona West like. That firehouse IS amazing. How wonderful for fox to have so many people loving on him. Here is to a healthier new year!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!