December 10, 2017

Here comes Santa Claus...

I feel like I say this a lot, but these might be my favorite pictures of all time! 
When my favorite photographer offered Santa Mini Sessions, I was so excited. I didn't think Fox would do good with Santa, but I knew she would make it a fun experience for him and get some smiles out of him. 

So when I pulled up to her house, I expected a regular photo session, but I was blown away by the experience we got. It was truly one of the most special and magical experiences I've had as a mom. 
When we got in, she had Fox sit on the couch to read a Christmas book, while she was engaging with him. She told him that Santa was still busy but would be joining us soon. 

I didn't think he would be into this book as much as he was, because they also had a train set right across from him. 


And then Santa snuck in. She had told me in advance that Santa would be surprising Fox and I thought he would freak out, because it would scare him. 

He had no clue that Santa was right behind him.

Man, you should've seen his reaction, his entire body jerked when he saw him, I took a video of it and it was so funny! He was so surprised and then had the biggest smile on his face. 


In the meantime, I was standing in the background, trying to hold my shit together, because I couldn't stop smiling and had a huge lump in my throat and tears in my eyes. It was so magical!


He told Santa what he wanted for Christmas (Batman Headquarter and Paw Patrol Lookout Tower).


I love this picture...pure joy!


They played with the train together and Fox loved it so much, we might have to get a train for around our tree!



Next, they decorated the tree together...






...followed by sharing some cookies! I had brought my own vegan cookies for him, that my sweet friend Tilly made just for Fox because of his allergies.


It was such an amazing experience. I couldn't stop smiling the entire day and I'm so grateful that the photographer made it so fun for Fox. I would've paid what I paid just for the experience, but getting all of these incredible pictures was icing on the cake. 
After this, there won't be any more Mall Santas for us! 

2 comments:

  1. Such a fantastic experience and truly magical. As a "believer" Mama, I commend you on allowing this magic to happen organically ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your LO is doing much better with Santa than ours. He still is shy around him!
    Incredible pictures!
    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!