November 24, 2017

St. Martin

Once a year, usually on November 11th, our family celebrates St. Martin with our German friends. It's a German tradition and I wrote more about it HERE.
We weren't able to go last year, because Fox was really sick, so I was looking forward to this year, especially since it's always held at Fox's favorite farm, where we went a couple of times this year for the pumpkin patch. 

It was a hot day as usual...I love the weather here, but it's the end of November and we still hit 90 degrees this week, so we are all ready for a change in the weather. 

He loves this place so much and never wants to leave.

He was so excited when he found out that the hay maze was still up and even more happy, when he found a little boy who played tag with him in the maze.


Before the lantern walk we sat by the fire and had a little snack.

Followed by practicing our bull catching techniques.



And when St. Martin came out, Fox got really excited and wanted to say hi to him and take his picture, my German heart burst in about a million pieces. 

All the kids with their lanterns right before the walk. Fox wasn't too interested in walking with his lantern, but only wanted to walk with his stick, so that's what we did. I wasn't sure how he would like it, but apparently he loved it, because he was really upset when it was over and he complained all the way home that the walk was too short.
It was a great night and nice to catch up with some of our friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!