Skip to main content

Great Wolf Lodge

I asked the boys where they wanted to go for fall break, anywhere in the United States, and I even offered up Germany, and where did they want to go...our local Great Wolf Lodge that we've been too dozens of times. 
We invited one of Fox's best friends Jake to join us.

Finn still loved the lazy river and we did many laps in it.



While I miss having small babies or toddlers, it's also nice to be able to let the big kids have fun by themselves without having to constantly worry about them. 





Finn even ran into one of his school friends, and those two had a blast together. It made me so happy to see him have fun with a friend as well, since Fox was allowed to bring one, and he wasn't.




Since it was during the month of October, they had some trick or treating set up for the kids outside, so we did that, and then ordered some pizza to take to the room.


The kids had been asking for this suite every single time we went to the Lodge, but I'm usually to frugal to splurge that kind of money on an upgraded room, but I did it this time, and they absolutely loved it.


We all slept really well after a day in the water park, and after some breakfast, we went back for another round of fun.

The big kids did the ropes course. I remember doing this with Fox for the first time when he was five, Finn is seven now, and still has absolutely no interest.


If you remember our Colorado trip this past summer, you might remember how much Finn loved mining for "gold" so that's pretty much all he wanted to do that day as well. We also played some mini golf and arcade games while the big kids were on the ropes course.

Afterwards, we all went back to the water park.





Lucky Finn ran into his school friend once again, which was also lucky for me, because these two played for hours together while I watched them from the sidelines.

It was another great trip, and I'm sure we will go back soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Willow Trees

We took some family pictures this fall!

April phone dump

Some more pictures of our April. He's my bed hog, but I love sharing the bed with him and the way he comes find me in his sleep to snuggle up to me. Work Crew! Easter Preparations...it took me a solid hour to fill all the eggs. Finn chipped his permanent front tooth, and had to get it fixed. He was so brave. I tried to hold his hand to let him know I was there, and he kept giving me a thumbs up. Reading in bed with them is my favorite. We went to play mini golf, and it was an absolutely shit show. Just look at Finn in the background, he was on fire on this day. That's his "cool face". Not pictured are all the times he melted down because he wasn't "good enough". I really need to stop playing this game with him, because it happens every single time...haha.  Book Club! I wasn't a fan of the book, but it was great getting out and talking about books with other readers. He got into kinetic sand for a few weeks, and I felt like my floors were covered in s...

August iPhone dump

Some moments from my August... Coffee treats during busy shifts! Fox had a pool playdate with some friends. First day of middle school! Unfortunately I had to work and couldn't send him off that day, but my favorite co-parent came through with some pictures from the bus stop. Found a bunch of these selfies on my phone haha. On the way to school one morning, middle school is rough apparently. A quick brunch with friends to celebrate the end of summer break! My sweet friend Nikki gave me this bucket full of beautiful dresses that she had outgrown. A lot of them still had tags on them! Dinner date with the boys, they preferred playing a game together instead of talking to me...haha! Homework struggles have begun again! Sweet treats after school while we wait for Finn to get off the bus. Unfortunately their buses arrive an hour apart from each other, so we have a lot of waiting around because the bus stop is too far from my house.  He was helping me make schnitzel! We watched Bad guys ...