December 15, 2011

Deck the Halls!

I'm linking up with Kelly's Korner this week, she's hosting a Christmas Tour of Homes!
I love Christmas Time, it's my favorite time of the year and I usually can't wait until the day after Thanksgiving to put all of my decorations up....this year was no different! 
This is our Advent Calendar, which is probably my most favorite decoration in the house right now, even though I'm not the one who gets to open the presents each day! But planning it all out was just as much fun for me! :)


Ich mache zum ersten mal bei “Zeig uns dein Leben” auf Kelly’s Korner Blog mit und das Thema in dieser Woche ist Weihnachtsdeko!
Ich liebe die Vorweihnachtszeit, es ist meine absolute Lieblingszeit und ich kann in der Regel nicht bis zum Tag nach Thanksgiving warten, um alle meine Dekorationen rauszuholen .... in diesem Jahr war es nicht anders!
Das ist unser Adventskalender, welcher wahrscheinlich im Moment zu meinen Lieblingsdekorationen im Haus zaehlt, obwohl ich nicht diejenige bin, die die Geschenke jeden Tag oeffnen darf! Aber die Planung der ganzen Sache hat mir mindestens genauso viel Spass gemacht! :)

Our Kitchen
Unsere Küche


Only in Arizona...
Nur in Arizona... 


I miss having a fireplace, especially during the holidays. Where am I supposed to put my stockings? I guess that's what you get for living in the desert! :)
Every year, we put them in a new place, just to realize that we don't like them there either, this year they made their way to the stairs and I haven't decided yet if I like them there or not. 


Ich vermisse es, einen Kamin zu haben, vor allem während der Weihnachtszeit. Wo soll ich denn bitte unsere Weihnachtsstruempfe aufhaengen? Naja, so ist das nunmal, wenn man sich ein Leben in der Wueste aussucht! :)
Jedes Jahr haengen wir sie an einen neuen Platz, nur um zu merken, dass wir sie dort auch nicht moegen und in diesem Jahr machten sie ihren Weg zur Treppe und ich habe mich noch nicht entschieden, ob ich sie dort in Zukunft lasse oder nicht.





Bedroom          Schlafzimmer



We bought this christmas tree in 2007, living in our first apartment, celebrating our first christmas together. I remember being so proud of having my very own christmas tree and we actually had to move furniture in our tiny living room to accommodate it. 
For the $30 it cost us, it has more than paid for itself, but I think it's time for an upgrade next year!


Wir kauften uns diesen Weihnachtsbaum im Jahr 2007, als wir in unserer ersten gemeinsamen Wohnung unser erstes gemeinsames Weihnachtsfest zusammen feierten. Ich erinnere mich noch genau daran wie stolz ich war, meinen eigenen Weihnachtsbaum zu haben und wir mussten die Möbel in unserem kleinen Wohnzimmer umstellen, um Platz fuer ihn zu schaffen.
Für die $30 die er uns kostete, hat er sich mehr als bezahlt gemacht, aber ich denke, naechstes Jahr ist es an der Zeit, einen groesseren zu kaufen!






Thanks for stopping by!
Danke fuers vorbeischauen!


post signature

7 comments:

  1. i love your idea of putting candles in the middle of peppermints. i might have to do that this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always have so creative ideas. Love the candies with the candles!
    Merry Christmas!
    And our stocking are hanging on a dresser! :(
    LG Heike

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything is so pretty! I think I love the peppermints with the candles best, so festive! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh i love the peppermint filled candles! thye look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very creative - love your decoration! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the advent buckets and peppermint candles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your tree! I think it is so pretty! Cute idea to put the stockings on the stairwell. We don't have a mantle or stairs, so we had to hang our stockings behind the tree on little nails. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!