December 06, 2020

This is Halloween, this is Halloween...

This wasn't supposed to be my Halloween with the kids, but I "bought" it from Katie back in January in exchange for her having another kid free weekend, which made me so happy. 
Halloween looked a little different this year. I had surgery a week prior to this and wasn't allowed to lift Finn, so even though it was my holiday, I knew that I wouldn't be able to handle Finn by myself. My friend Corinne always hosts a Halloween party and I planned to just take Fox with me, but didn't want to miss out on seeing Finn on Halloween, so I asked Katie and Christina (her girlfriend) if they would come with me trick or treating at family houses. 
We went to my friend's Marcela's house first, since she lives right across from Katie, followed by GG and Grandpa Wes. Katie told me that she had a costume for Finn, but wasn't able to find it the day of, so he didn't have one, which kind of bummed me out, but he didn't seem to mind.

They had some special treats and little gifts for the boys and were excited to see them, since they had been on a road trip across the US for the last five months. 


Next up... Grandma and Grandpa's house!


Grandma prepared some caramel apples for the boys to decorate. They were both more interested in eating the marshmallows, but I thought it was very sweet of her to plan this for them.






Fox and I went to the Halloween party afterwards, it was only four families including us and ended up being perfect.

We didn't take the kids trick or treating, but had a candy scavenger hunt in the backyard and let them do a piƱata. While the kids played, we had a chance to catch up and watch Hocus Pocus outside. Whenever I just have Fox, it's like a little vacation for me, because he's so easy, but I definitely wished that I could've taken Finn as well. 


Corinne's neighborhood is always crazy for Halloween. Everyone decorates and there are four Haunted Houses within walking distance. We took turns taking their golf cart out to look at all the decorations.



I think this picture shows that our kids weren't deprived by not going trick or treating this year. I let Fox eat as much candy as he wanted that night and when we left I asked him if he wanted to take anything home, but he didn't. This was actually his first Halloween where he was able to eat candy, when before he was allergic to most of it and would trade it for a toy instead.

We got there at 5pm and didn't leave until 12:30am, when I was about to fall asleep on the couch while watching another round of Hocus Pocus. Even Fox fell asleep in the car on the way home, which NEVER happens. The next morning I had to wake him up at 11, he was so tired!
It was a great night and I'm grateful I was able to spend it with at least one of my boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!