June 21, 2015

Fox | 13 Month Update

Weight:
Haven't weighed him this month.


Height:
Won't find out until his 15 month appointment!


Health:
He had a little cold this month, stuffy/runny nose and a little cough but thankfully got over it quickly. 


Nicknames:
Big Honey, Bubba, Schatzi, Bubbles, Mr. Fox, Foxy, Pumpkin, Poodle


Eating:
I weaned Fox the day before he turned 13 months old. I weaned over the course of three weeks, I started out by replacing his naptime bottle with whole milk, a week later I stopped nursing him in the mornings and gave him a bottle of milk instead and a week after that I did the same at night. I wasn’t ready to wean, but I think he was. He got really excited whenever he saw the bottle, so the transition was easy. That last night was hard for me, knowing this will be the last time ever to nurse my baby and the anticipation to that night was even worse, but I’m fine with it now. I still get to hold and rock him every night, I don’t have to watch what I’m eating and drinking and not having to pump at work anymore is just awesome. I hated pumping. I hope that one day I get another chance to nurse another one of my babies and I’m really proud of myself on how far I made it. One of my biggest worries during my pregnancy was if I would be able to breastfeed. It was a rough road in the beginning and pumping at work was annoying, but I’m so glad that I made it!

Other food has been a struggle lately. For about three weeks this month Fox was a really picky eater and would barely eat anything, to the point that I got really worried. I had read that appetite decreases when babies are teething and this was definitely the case with Fox. He wouldn’t even eat his favorite foods. Luckily, we all made it to the other side and he’s been doing much better now.  


Teething:
This month was rough! Fox not only got his last bottom middle tooth, but he also got 4 molars, one after the other! Ouch! It started on our San Francisco trip and we had a week of restless night with frequent wakings. He was chewing on anything he could get his hands on (anything but food) and drooled like crazy. All things considered, he took it like a champ though and was barely cranky at all. He has 12 teeth now, 4 on top, 4 on the bottom and 4 molars!   



Sleeping:
Like I mentioned, we had a couple of weeks of terrible sleep, but he went back to normal afterwards, sleeping from 7-7:30pm to 5:30-6am. Mornings have been killing us. He used to sleep much longer, but nowadays he barely sleeps longer than 5:30am. The problem is not that I’m tired, I’m up anyway, but I start work at 5am each morning (from home) and it definitely threw off my routine, but I’m hoping his sleep will improve again. We tried putting him down later and taped cardboard in front of his windows (Redneck Blackout Shades), but it hasn’t made a difference. Talking to my other Mom friends, it seems like almost all of the babies wake between 5-6 as well.


Diapers:
Size 4


Clothing:
12-18 months


Social:
Fox learned how to give kisses this month and it’s the sweetest thing. Although it’s not really a kiss, he just bows his had down or toward you, so you can kiss him…haha. He also does it to Cosie, stuffed animals or books, but if you ask him for “ein Kuss bitte” (a kiss, please – Katie and I both use the german phrase for it), he will most likely not do it on command.

He also started to pet Cosie which is oh so cute. He is always so proud of himself when he does it and gets the biggest smile. Cosie will tolerate his not so gentle pets (still working on that) because Fox feeds him from his highchair tray! ;)

Fox loves to play hide and seek, it’s his favorite thing right now. He always hides in his fort (aka under the kitchen table) and we walk around it, asking where he is and when you look underneath, he laughs and laughs and then runs away. This game can go on forever, he loves it!


Words:
Dog, Cat, More, Ball, Danke (the german word for Thank you)
Likes:
Music and dancing (his favorite song is “Hoppe Hoppe Reiter” – german song), being outside, other babies and children, sleeping on his side and stomach, Cosie, bath time (only when we allow him to stand up in the bath tub), having his mommies attention, watching videos of himself, baby puffs, hummus, smoothies, yoghurt melts and any kind of carbs, cell phones and remotes, walking, playing peek-a-boo, Roomba (vacuum robot), his stuffed animal Cat in the Hat, shaking his head (like he’s saying “no, no, no”), opening cabinets and drawers, his play kitchen, looking at pictures of Katie, me and himself on our picture wall, toy lawn mower, Baseball bats, ball popper, Watering cans, riding and sitting in his cozy coupe, being independent, running naked like a wild child in his room after his bath, splash pads, steps/stairs, drinking out of a straw, the Children’s Museum , the Aquarium, playing in the pool, his german Bauernhof (Farm) book (thank you Alison and Sabrina), playing hide and seek under our kitchen table, when his Mommies come home from work


Dislikes:
The Sun (he sneezes and it makes him mad when it shines in his face), when we take something away from him, changing his diaper or getting dressed (basically anything where he is restrained), car rides, most food, kisses from our dog Cosie (I don’t blame him, he never quits!), when we leave in the morning (he recently started screaming bloody murder every morning and it’s so sad to watch), being held


Fun things we did:
This boy is still really busy while we’re at work: Story Hours at the Library, Baby Dance, Children’s Museum, Aquarium, Splash Pads…you name it, he’s doing it. Katie and I went a little crazy and now have Memberships to the Children’s Museum, Zoo, Aquarium, Butterfly Wonderland and Gymboree. Heck, we even purchased a Lifetime Membership to a new Aquarium that’s going to open next year in Phoenix, it’s supposed to be the largest in the Southwest!

Fox loves to go out though, so it’s all good and Matthias enjoys taking him and we do too on the weekends or in the afternoons, when I’m off work.

We also had two weeks of swim classes this month (every day for two weeks), but that got old pretty fast and Fox hated it, but he enjoys playing in our pool when it’s just us.

We went to San Francisco and Sacramento for a week and spent a lot of time with family.


Milestones:
He’s getting so good at understanding us and responds to basic commands (command sounds so weird, like we’re training a dog, but I don’t know how else to describe it…haha). He definitely knows what he wants and is able to communicate it to us quickly (with sounds and pointing). 


What we’re looking forward to:
We’re invited to a few more first birthday parties this month and are looking forward to celebrate his little baby (I guess it’s time to call them toddlers now) friends.

We’re also hosting a 4th of July Crafty Playdate, where the babies (okok, toddlers) will help us make some fun 4th of July decorations/outfits…we’ll see how that one goes, but I can’t wait!

Lastly, we’re excited for some visitors in the next coming month! First, Matthias little sister (I think she’s 14) is visiting for two weeks from Denmark and then my friend Julia and her family from Tucson will spend a weekend with us…so fun!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!