April 04, 2023

Snow Day

My friend Kristy always has the best ideas to go on little day adventures, so one day in January, she asked me if the boys and I wanted to join her and her son for a weekend in the snow. We met up at a snow park about two hours from home and the weather was beautiful!

Finn only went down the hill in the tube with me once, I think he was a little scared, although he would never admit hat...ha!



You can see the tiny hill in the background, Kristy took the bog boys another time, and they chose to play in the snow afterwards as well, and didn't want to try any of the bigger hills. 



Kristy had been to the snow park before and told me that we could make s'mores there, so we brought everything we needed to let the boys roast some marshmallows. 

Just for the record, Fox totally had a snow jacket, but refused to wear it because he claimed being too hot in it. And no, we didn't make this snowman.


This snow fort was the highlight of the day. The boys played in it for about two hours and it was hard getting them to leave when the sun went down and we had to go get dinner. I loved seeing their creativity and enjoying something in nature, vs. asking to play video games. 



Finn found a little igloo. 


When we left the snow park that night, Fox said to me: “This is the most fun I’ve ever had in my life!”

We had (a crazy and loud) dinner at the hotel together, and then went up to the room to relax and catch up. 
The hotel still had their outside Christmas lights up, and this was the view from our window when we woke up the next day. 

We went for a little walk in the woods behind the hotel, and I was so surprised how much fun the kids had, even though there was nothing special to do.

This kid has the best faces!








We left around lunch time to go back home, and Phoenix awaited us with 75 degrees and sunshine. It's so crazy to me to be able to play in the snow in the morning, and then drive two hours and being able to be in shorts and a T-shirt. I love our state!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!