April 01, 2023

Family Christmas trip

One side of Katie's family invited the boys and I to come on a little post Christmas trip up north with them. We left the day after Christmas, and my sister in law found the most beautiful AirBnB for us. This was the boys' and my room.

They had a little game room downstairs along with some bedrooms and the kids loved playing down here. 

Grandpa is always everyone's favorite.

I think one of my favorite memories of the trip was, that for the first time in YEARS, I was able to read a book front to back. It didn't hurt that there was a fire going, I was comfy under a blanket, and the snow was falling outside. It was magical. 

Every night we played a game that one of the kids brought (I think it was called "How well do you know your family?"), and there were some funny truth or dare scenarios that Grandma was more than happy to oblige with. 


They had some swings for the kids under the patio as well, and an obstacle course, including zipline, in the back. 











There wasn't enough snow to go sledding, but we were able to play a little bit in the snow. My "homebody kid" opted to stay inside...I don't blame him, it was so cold and windy!



Grandma and Grandpa brought an old school SEGA game for the kids to play together.




She just turned one, but I got some baby snuggles nonetheless. Love her!









It was super relaxing, we stayed home all day, mostly in pajamas, ate good food, played games, and relaxed. 





Where are Grandma and Grandpa?


It was a great week, and the perfect way to end the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!