December 12, 2016

Decorating the Tree

Believe it or not, decorating the Christmas Tree is one of my least favorite things about Christmas. It just takes so dang long and we seem to have a million ornaments.
I knew Fox would only be interested in helping for about 2.5 minutes, so we let him decorate with some ornaments that would be okay to break and have no sentimental meaning to us. 
We always collect special ornaments from trips and milestones, so we hung those on the top.


And for those of you who are wondering, yes, we have a fake tree and wouldn't have it any other way.  We like having it up for about 5-6 weeks, which isn't possible with a real tree in Arizona and it's just so easy. Although, when Fox is older, I'd love to drive up north to cut our own tree on a real tree farm in the snow!




Surprisingly, he has left the tree alone since we decorated it and is not tempted at all to play with the ornaments or take them off. However, he has transformed one of the ornaments (Snoopy's airplane) into a toy instead of an ornament and he was so happy when he discovered it!

1 comment:

  1. I love that Idea to collect special ornaments from trips and milestones. I just need to convince my hubby to decorate our tree with lots of different ornaments and not just Christmas baubles. I think he is to German to have a colorful Christmas tree 😉
    Have a wonderful holiday season!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!