December 03, 2018

Halloween

I know, I know...Halloween was over a month ago and we are already in full Christmas spirit over here, but we were too busy making memories and I'm super far behind on this blog. I'll catch up one day!

When Grandma Rene' sent Fox a Harry Potter cape and wand from California, I couldn't resist making Finn a Mandrake!

Fox had changed his mind about 57 times between September and October, every time we visited the Halloween store, he wanted to be something different.  He finally settled on the Flash, which worked out well, since we already had a Flash costume at home and since Finn already owned a Batman outfit, we made him his sidekick.

I made his cape and mask out of felt and he only wore it for the picture.

On Halloween, Finn and I had music class and all of his little friends came dressed up as well.



My friend Corinne invited us over to her house this year. We usually went trick or treating in our neighborhood, which is kind of boring, especially since Fox doesn't have any friends here to go with and he also can't eat the candy. Corinne told me that her neighborhood was super fun for Halloween and all the families that came that night also had a deal with their kids to trade in the candy for a toy at the end, which I loved.
Six excited kiddos ready to go!

And five excited Mamas, ready for the madness!

Even though Fox knew that he couldn't have any candy, he was still super happy going from house to house collecting it.

My heart just exploded into a million pieces seeing the kids run from house to house together, yelling trick or treat and being so excited. It was exactly what I had always imagined before having kids and I probably loved it even more than Fox.

Little Batman was a trooper in his stroller and slept most of the night.

They were always checking out what they got!

The neighborhood was truly amazing. There were three haunted houses and tons of kids everywhere. Almost every house was decorated and people were sitting in their driveways showing Halloween movies, having a fire and handing out candy. I joked with Corinne that this was my "american dream come true"...haha.


I was really surprised how happy all of the kids were about checking out their candy, they were counting it and showing if off, but none of them asked to eat it.

It was such an amazing night and I'm already looking forward to next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!