December 07, 2018

Finn | 3 Month Update

October 31st, 2018

Weight:
12 lbs, 6 oz

Height:
24.5 inches

Health:
Besides a little congestion, he was super healthy and for that, I am grateful!

Nicknames:
Big Honey, Finny, Finnegan, Bubbas, Handsome


Eating:
Still exclusively breastfeeding. It's been so easy this time around and I'm glad I don't have to pump! He's eating every 2-3 hours during the day and night time is pretty unpredictable, he could go 8-9 hours one night and the next night, it would be five hours.


Sleeping:
This month, he made a ten hour stretch at night, but it only happened once and never since. Naps were definitely getting shorter and usually only lasted about 30 minutes, unless we were out and about and he was in his car seat. 
Naps are either in his crib or car seat while we're driving to or from school, at night he still sleeps in his bassinet next to my bed and I'm not ready for that to change any time soon.


Diapers:
Size 1

Clothing:
0-3 Months and 3 Month Clothes


Social:
He's such a happy baby, always smiling and super content. He barely cries and if he does, you know something is wrong. He's more talkative now and lights up when he sees us, but especially Fox. He loves going to music class and to look at all the other babies!


Likes:
Bath time (he loves it!), being held, being swaddled to sleep, nursing, being held over my shoulder, chewing on his hands, his big brother, his play mat, singing, music class, looking at himself in the mirror, laying on his changing table and looking at his mobile, rocking, smiling

Dislikes:
Tummy Time, car rides (sometimes), naps


Mama:
I'm doing really good and I love every minute I get with this sweet baby. This month, Katie gave me the gift of a lifetime, she asked me if I wanted to be a stay at home mom! I never thought this was going to be a possibility for me and I struggled all throughout my maternity leave with the thought of having to go back to work part-time and how I would manage it with two kids and my Etsy side gig. It really was a dream come true, although I felt also a little conflicted about it, because I have been at this job for ten years and loved it and quitting it would mean that I would never get it back. But in the end I knew, that I would regret not spending this time with Finn and so far I have been loving it. I tell Katie almost every day that I'm living my best life.

Fox:
Fox has been doing so great! He always tells us that he loves Baby Finn the most and asks to hug him all the time. He loves to make Finn smile and Finn always looks for his big brother, the feeling is definitely mutual.



Fun things we did:
This month was busy with lots of pumpkin patches, Halloween activities, Finn's first time trick or treating and music class. He's so easy going and makes going out with two kids way less stressful than I ever imagined.

What we’re looking forward to:
Disneyland, his first Thanksgiving and cooler weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!