June 05, 2018

28 weeks Pregnancy Update

May 23, 2018
How far along:
28 weeks – Third Trimester…say what?

Baby is the size of a:
Eggplant or a Rollerblade! We had an ultrasound today at exactly 28 weeks and the baby measured 2lbs, 13 oz., which is one ounce heavier than Fox was at that point. This baby is scheduled to be born 1.5 weeks earlier than Fox was, so I would assume he would be smaller at birth. (Fox was 8lbs, 9oz.) 

Total weight gain:
Somehow I managed to eat half of my birthday cake this week and still lose half a pound. Still up about 29lbs. I asked the doctor if he was concerned about my rapid weight gain and he said no and that the baby was growing right on track. I also had my Glucose test today, so let’s see if I pass or have to give up chocolate milk and ice cream. 

Maternity Clothes?
Mostly. 

Stretch Marks?
Not yet, hopefully it stays that way.

Sleep?
It’s rough but could be worse. I’m not ready for those sleepless nights with a newborn yet…actually, I’m terrified just thinking about it.
I’ve had really bad nightmares this week that woke me up too. 

Best moment of the Week:
Celebrating Fox’s 4thBirthday with his friends and seeing him so happy. Definitely worth all the stress I had planning it. I also got to go out with a friend to see “Cat & Nat Live” (Anyone know them? They do “Mom Truths” on Facebook/Youtube) which was a much needed comic relief for me. 
(21 weeks vs. 28 weeks)

Movement:
He’s still going crazy in there. I always wonder if he’s having a party or hates what I’m doing. 

Food Cravings:
Can I say Birthday Cake? I’ve never been pregnant on my birthday so I took it as the perfect excuse. 

Belly Button in or out:
In. 

Gender:
Sweet baby boy!

Symptoms:
Same as last week. I also had a couple of nosebleeds and I’m getting more tired these days. Bathroom breaks are getting more frequent as well. 

Anything Making you queasy or Sick?
Luckily not. 

Have you Started to Show yet?
Yes

What I miss:
An Ice cold coke! And not feeling like a crazy person. 

What I'm looking forward to:
I have a hospital tour scheduled, which is kind of silly, but I wanted to ask some questions and get a refresher on their procedures. And low and behold, the remodel of the nursery was finished yesterday! Which means, I can start to move stuff in! Can’t wait!

What I'm not looking forward to:
My Maternity Pictures in a few weeks, it kind of stresses me out, because I paid so much money for them and hope they turn out. The ones with Fox were a disaster! 

You can find Fox’s 28 week pregnancy update HERE!

1 comment:

  1. Cat and Nat are hilarious!!!

    Boo to glucose tests but Those silhouettes are sweet perfection.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!