December 04, 2017

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

I started decorating our house the second week of November. I thought I would wait at least until the 15th, but I just couldn't help myself and brought in more and more boxes each day, while Katie rolled her eyes at me. She says we shouldn't be decorating until after Thanksgiving, but I think she secretly loves it! Ha!
I won't bore you with the same pictures from last year, because not much changed. If you want to check out our house all decked out, HERE is the link to our Holiday Home Tour from last year.

What has changed though, is that I started to decorate Fox's room and my little Christmas Buddy loves it as much as I do. He is so excited about Christmas, some days, the first thing he will say in the morning is "It's Christmas Time, Mama!" I catch him singing Christmas songs all the time, that I didn't even know he knew and it warms my heart big time. Such a magical time of year with kids!
Let me tell you a story about this bedding. I saw this (or maybe similar) bedding on a blog, probably six years ago. I thought it was so amazing to have Christmas bedding for the holidays, but never thought I'd be that mom. I mentioned it to Katie in November and her reply was: "Put it in the cart and I will buy it for you!" BEST WIFE EVER! So, so sweet! So while this bedding is for Fox, it really is my Christmas present too and we all love it! Maybe next year, I can get some for my bed...ha!
I'm also glad I finally found a spot for all these silly singing Animals/Christmas Trees we always seem to end up with (Thanks Grandma and Grandpa!).


I found this little tree in my work drawer, I don't remember who gave it to me, but obviously, I already have a small Christmas Tree on my desk, so this one found a new home in Fox's room.


Fox has a love/hate relationship with this grinch. He swings his arm around and sings. He loved him when he was one, he hated him when he was two, and now he's back to love at three years old. We'll see what next year brings, but I assume, we passed the scary phase.

This Christmas Tree usually hangs out in our dining room, but Fox requested a tree of his own, so we moved it. It will house all of the Christmas cards we get this year and it's already filling up quite nicely! Love getting cards in the mail and seeing all of my friends with their sweet families all season long. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to know I'm not the only person to have Christmas decor in my kids rooms! We put a Christmas tree up in Gracie's room that she decorates every year (and plan to do the same for Will) and my brother made so much fun of me when he saw it. He thinks I'm way too Christmas obsessed and hey, maybe I am - but you may even more into it than me, haha! I love the Grinch statue. Does Fox like it or does it scare him? For some reason, Gracie's totally afraid of the Grinch, lol!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!