December 06, 2017

Decorating the Tree

I was ready to decorate the Christmas Tree mid November, but the tree was the one sticking point that Katie needed me to leave alone until after Thanksgiving. 
So when we put it up after the day after Thanksgiving, we realized that one section of the lights were burned out. They were fine last year, but something must have happened while storing it all year. I tried fixing the lights for an hour and finally gave up and just bought another strand of lights to put on top of the burned out section.
This year, Fox was actually very interested in decorating, which totally surprised me. 
We had taken him to the Hallmark Store to pick out his own ornament, like we do every year, and he picked a Star Wars Ornament that he was so proud of. 

I just put out some shatter proof ornaments for him and let him go to town and he had a blast.


He hung a little stocking on the tree that says "Grandpa" and when I told him what it said, he insisted, he needed to fill it with toys for his favorite guy in the world. He took that job very seriously and filled it to the brim and it's still hanging on the tree like that, just waiting for Grandpa to open it on Christmas Day. 

He lasted for about 30 minutes and then Katie and I finished the job...ooohing and aaahing about each special ornament we unwrapped, like the keys to our first house, pregnancy ornaments, baby ornaments, family pictures and dozens of ornaments that we collected on all of our trips together. 

1 comment:

  1. The header pic. My goodness, what holiday magic is that?!?!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!