August 18, 2014

Fox | 3 Months Update

August 14th, 2014







Weight:
13.2 lbs (measured at home)

Height:
24.25 inches (measured at home)

Health:
He had his 2-month check up and shots this month. Everything looked great, besides a little eczema and cradle cap that we’re still trying to fight. Seeing him getting his shots was a whole other story though, it broke our hearts to see him in such a panic and I’ve never heard him scream like this. The rest of the day was pretty awful, whenever he was awake he screamed bloody murder, which is not like him at all. I’m not looking forward to his next set of shots.
Little Man also had his first diaper rash this month and it was another situation that was hard to watch as a mom. He was so miserable, so I kept him naked for a full day, which was messy and resulted in a lot of laundry, but it worked!

Nicknames:
Big Honey, Honeys, Baby Honey, Biggens, Schaetzchen (german nickname), Bubbles, Handsome, Mr. Fox, Big Bubbas

Eating:
This is the first month where I’ve felt comfortable breastfeeding and it’s been such a positive experience for me, whereas in the past, I dreaded feeding time.
He’s still eating every 2-3 hours during the day and every 4-6 hours at night. We’re still trying to give him one bottle with pumped breast milk at night (usually he’ll eat 4-5oz), although mostly I prefer to just breastfeed him because I hate to pump. 

Sleeping:
I successfully transitioned him into his crib for naps during the day, because I noticed he wasn’t sleeping well in his bassinet in the living room anymore. Nap Times are still hit and miss, some days he sleeps awesome with one or two long naps during the day, other days he is up all day and just cat naps for 10-20 minutes here and there.
He is still in his bassinet in our room at night, but he’s getting too big for it and keeps getting caught between the rails with his hands, so we’ll be moving the pack n play into our room soon. I’m not ready for him to sleep in his room, because he is not sleeping through the night consistently and his room is pretty far from ours, so it’s just easier for me to have him right there in the middle of the night to feed.
He slept through the night a few times this month, one night he even slept 9 hours straight, but like I said, it hasn’t been consistent, and he usually wakes up once to eat.
Most nights he falls right back asleep after he’s done eating, others, he will fuss in his bassinet until I pick him up and place him in our bed and cuddle up real close to him, he’ll fall asleep right away this way. He’s becoming smart…ha! On one hand I think it’s super cute, on the other I know that I’m setting myself up for a lot of trouble down the road!
We don’t co-sleep because I don’t feel comfortable with the risks, so I will usually let him lay with me for a few minutes until I place him back in his bed.

Diapers:
Still wearing size 1 diapers.

Clothing:
He’s in 3-month clothes, but some onesies are now too short, it won’t be long until we have to switch to 6-month outfits…eeks! Pants are a different story though, he has some newborn and 0-3 months pants that are still way too lose on him. He is long and skinny!

Social:
Fox is such an easy baby, Katie and I talk about it every day, how lucky we are. He only fusses when something is wrong and is mostly content as can be. He smiles and coo’s at us, he thinks Katie is the funniest person ever and we even heard a few giggles from him. He follows us with his eyes across the room and lights up every morning when we get him.
We’re still going to swim class every Friday and recently started Music Class on Mondays. He just loves looking at other babies and is having so much fun a both classes. He also had his first baby play date this month and loved it. 

Likes:
Looking at himself in the mirror, cuddles, chewing on his fist, when we whistle, sitting in his carrier (we have the Ergo), bouncy seat, when we sing to him, rocking chairs, standing (while we hold him of course), his pacifier, when we fake laugh at him (he’ll crack up and laughs with us), laying on his changing table to look at his mobile, his Aden and Anais blankets (he cuddles with them, tries to eat them, rubs them on his face – it’s the cutest thing!), swimming and music class, other babies

Dislikes:
Naps, his stroller, being in his car seat, diaper changes (especially in the middle of the night)

Mama:
I’m doing great. I finally feel like we’re slowly establishing a routine and it’s been so much easier getting out and doing things with him. I feel like I’ve gotten to know him a lot this month, I know what he likes and how to calm him down pretty quickly. He’s the best baby ever and I feel so lucky that he’s ours. Some days, it still blows my mind to think that he was growing inside me and that we get to keep him.
I know this is crazy, because I hated pregnancy, but I miss it now. I miss that big belly, feeling his kicks and I feel jealous of every pregnant woman I see (which doesn’t mean that I want to become pregnant again right now). But of course, I love having him here and I can’t imagine our life before him anymore.
Work has been going ok. I tried to increase my hours to 35 a week, but have not been successful with it. Fox and I are usually the first ones in the office each morning a little before 8 and leave anywhere from 12-3pm, depending on his mood. But of course, that doesn’t mean that I worked 7 hours, just because I spent 7 hours in the office, between feedings and play time, there are a lot of breaks in my work day. He’s been pretty good about playing independently in his room at home, so sometimes I will take my laptop in his room to get some work done while he plays, but I realized that I can’t work 35 hours a week unless I work the weekends or really late at night after he goes to bed (which is when I go to bed). Katie saw that I struggled and knows how much my time with him means to me, so she told me to cut back and just work however many hours I can and just enjoy my time with him and not worry about money. I’m so happy and grateful, because I never thought, I would be able to work any less than full time and I know it will cut my stress level immensely.
I’m still 8lbs away from my pre-pregnancy weight and I hope that I will lose them eventually with breastfeeding.

Mommy:
She is so funny with Fox and he cracks up every time he sees her. It makes my heart smile to see both of them interacting and even though Katie is not a “baby person”, she’s awesome with him and I can’t wait to see their relationship when he gets older, because I know she is going to rock his world.
While I go to swim class with Fox, Katie said it was important to her to go to music class with him and loves it as much as he does. It’s their special time and I love that.  

Fun things we did:
Swim lessons and music class. He had his first baby playdate and had lots of visitors this month. Mommy and Mama had their first date night and Grandma Rene’ and Patrick babysat!

Milestones:
He rolled over from tummy to back a few times this month! He is also able to grab toys and to maneuver them into his mouth! He’s been drooling a lot this month, so I’m wondering if he might be teething soon.

What we’re looking forward to:
More playdates, rolling over more frequently, Fall (we already have our Halloween Customes and I can’t wait...!)
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!