November 12, 2013

Week 9

October 5th, 2013

How far along:
9 weeks

Baby is the size of a:
Grape

Total weight gain:
3.5 lbs so far, I’m surprised it’s not 10 lbs…I’ve been eating like there’s no tomorrow! 

Maternity Clothes?
Not yet, but I’ve been wearing the Belly Band, so I could leave my pants unbuttoned. 

Stretch Marks?
Thankfully not yet.

Sleep?
It’s a love/hate relationship right now. I can’t wait to go to bed every night (still around 8pm), but I’m sleeping very restless. I have vivid dreams and wake up multiple times and just feel uncomfortable.    

Best moment of the Week:
Seeing our baby again and hearing the heartbeat for the very first time (179 beats per minute…right on track)! We could’ve listened to it for hours, it was amazing! So far, you can only make out a head and the umbilical cord, but the doctor said everything looks great and he thinks the baby is really strong.
I’m so happy to share this experience with Katie. Seeing her eyes light up during our ultrasound and hearing her giddy excitement afterwards just melted my heart!

Movement:
Too early.

Food Cravings:
Still Food, it doesn’t even matter what it is, just feed me! I even ate some Mexican Food, which I usually hate! I’m eating every single hour and I’m still starving at all times, its ridiculous! I will have some serious dieting to do once the baby is here! 

Belly Button in or out:
In.

Gender:
Still thinking girl.    

Symptoms:
I got them all! Still feeling miserable every single day and being exhausted. It’s been 3 weeks of constant nausea and I’m already over it. I haven’t found anything that helps yet and I’ve tried it all (eating frequently, nausea medication, sea bands...you can see them in the pictures, saltines, ginger ale, jolly ranchers, popsicles…you name it, I’ve tried it).
Please let this get better with the second trimester!
Katie is still my rockstar though and is taking care of me each and every day! So grateful! 

Anything Making you queasy or Sick?
The question should be, if there’s anything that doesn’t make me feel sick! Ugh!

Have you Started to Show yet?
You can’t quite tell that I’m pregnant yet, but my stomach is definitely growing! It’s probably 10% Baby and 90% Food though!

What I miss:
Feeling good and being able to do stuff. Even going out to dinner feels like an exhausting chore these days.

What I'm looking forward to:
Telling Katie’s family the big news in a couple of days! So excited to see their reactions!  

What I'm not looking forward to:
Feeling like crap for the next few weeks (or months?)!

Weekly Wisdom:
Keep your eyes on the prize!


Wie weit:
9 Wochen

Baby ist so gross wie eine:
Traube

Insgesamte Gewichtszunahme:
1,5 kg bisher, ich haette gedacht, dass es mindestens fuenf sind, bei den Unmengen die ich zu mir nehme!  

Umstandskleidung?
Nocht nicht, aber ich trage ab und zu mein Belly Band, wenn ich meine Hose nicht mehr zuknoepfen kann. 

Schwangerschaftsstreifen?
Zum Glueck noch nicht!

Schlaf?
Ich liebe und hasse den Schlaf zu gleichen Teilen momentan. Ich kann es kaum abwarten, jeden Abend ins Bett zu fallen (immer noch so gegen 20 Uhr), aber ich schlafe sehr unruhig. Ich habe lebhafte Traeume und wache mehrfach auf und fuehle mich scheisse.

Bester Moment der Woche:
Als wir unser Baby wieder auf dem Ultraschall gesehen haben und zum allerersten Mal den Herzschlag gehoert haben (179 Schlaege pro Minute, genau wie es sein sollte). Wir haetten stundenlang zuhoeren koennen, es war einfach unglaublich. Bisher kann man nur den Kopf und die Nabelschnur erkennen, aber der Arzt sagte, dass alles super aussieht und er denkt, dass das Baby sehr stark ist.
Ich bin so froh, dies mit Katie teilen zu koennen. Ihre Augen leuchteten waehrend des Ultraschalls und man konnte ihr ansehen, wie sehr sie sich gefreut hat und wie aufgeregt sie war. Es war total sues.

Bewegungen des Babys:
Zu früh.

Heißhunger:
Essen! Es ist auch total egal was es ist, gib mir nur was zu essen! Ich hab letztens sogar mexikanisch gegessen, was ich normalerweise hasse. Ich esse jede einzelne Stunde und bin trotzdem noch am verhungern, es ist ein Witz! Wenn das Baby erstmal da ist, muss ich vermutlich eine Diaet machen!

Bauchnabel drinnen oder draussen:
Drinnen.

Geschlecht:
Ich glaube immer noch, dass es ein Maedchen wird!  

Symptome:
Ich habe sie alle! Ich fuehle mich immer noch jeden einzelnen Tag total krank und erschoepft. Ich habe schon seit drei Wochen Uebelkeit und habe wirklich genug davon. Ich habe schon alles probiert (Haeufiges Essen, Medikamente gegen die Uebelkeit, Sea Bands...die man in den Fotos sehen kann, Saltines, Ginger Ale, Bonbons, Eis am Stiel…ich habs alles probiert!).
Bitte lass dies bald vorbei sein!
Katie ist immer noch mein Rockstar, sie kuemmert sich um mich und hilft mit allem, wenn ich zu muede bin. Ich bin so dankbar!

Gibt es etwas, wovon dir schlecht wird?
Die Frage sollte vielleicht sein, ob es etwas gibt, wovon mir nicht schlecht wird.

Kann man dir die Schwangerschaft ansehen?
Man kann vielleicht noch nicht genau sehen, dass ich schwanger bin, aber mein Bauch waechst definitiv! Er besteht vermutlich aus 10% Baby und 90% zuviel Nahrung!

Was ich vermisse:
Mich gut zu fuehlen und Dinge zu unternehmen. Selbst zum Essen auszugehen fuehlt sich zur Zeit mehr wie eine Pflichtveranstaltung an.

Worauf ich mich freue:
Katie’s Familie von unserer Schwangerschaft in ein paar Tagen zu erzaehlen und ihre Reaktionen zu sehen!  

Worauf ich mich nicht freue:
Mich weiterhin so schlecht zu fuehlen. 

Wöchentliche Weisheit:
Halte dir dein Ziel vor den Augen! 

post signature

4 comments:

  1. Hello auch aus Amerika :) Da hat sich ja doch ganz schoen was getan seit Week 7 und man kann ja schon ein kleines Baeuchlein sehen :) Herzlichen Glueckwunsch!!! Vielleicht messt ihr noch den Bauchumfang, das faend ich interessant, wie schnell das geht :)
    Best,
    Eure stille Mitleserin :)


    http://german-girl-in-america.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your chalkboard pictures! Even though the baby is “just” the size of a grape..... there is a belly growing ;) Hope you will feel better soon and be able to fully enjoy your pregnancy!
    Best wishes to all three of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heeeeeerzlichen Glückwunsch!
    Ich bin hier seit längerem stille Mitleserin, und auch wenn ich euch gar nicht kenne, freue ich mich wahnsinnig für euch! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The nausea will go away, don't worry! I was lucky enough to only have about 5 weeks of nausea. Its kind of amazing how nauseous I felt everyday all day and then it suddenly stopped around 10.5 weeks! My sister-in-law unfortunately suffered through 20 weeks. :/ You just have to take it easy & get through it. Its a good sign that your hormones are ticking!
    xo kristen genevieve

    sunnywithachanceoflemons.blogspot.com
    sunny bloglovin

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!